Most Overrated Fan Favorite?

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Esteban
11 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Just Dance is many things but it has a great production. 

When I say bad I want to say generic, easy... it misses a soul, a strong bias except for the bridge. Because it's too radio friendly this song can't aged well because it's too related to a kind of mainstream production of this time.To me a song can be ageless if it's not a song who surfs on the mainstream trend, but if we take just dance the synths sounds cheap, the rythm box too, the production is flat and misses depth and relief and it lacks of a true aesthetic except for the groovy cosmic bridge. It could be a Kesha, Inna, Cascada song and this is not what Gaga is, she has vision, she is able to take sounds from the underground scene to make them listenable for a large public but just dance isn't like that imo. I Don't blame her at all because it was a smart moove to catch the public with a funny song but I Don't like it at all.

Emigrante
1 hour ago, Esteban said:

That's legit! The Reason I like it, it's because, I see this infantilizing thing as a decorum, like she was in a cheesy but comfy 80's teenage movie which took place in New York streets with saxo and guitars in it :) She is playing a rebel teenage girl character who lives for drama (like most of teenagers ^^). I think lyrics fits to the aesthetic which emerges from the song and this is a smart idea because most of her fans were teenagers at this time. To finish my praise ^^, using the metaphor of "Hair" for freedom in a 80's oriented song is interesting because it was really a time where haircut was a way to emancipate from the masses (punk hair, funky afro hairdressing, long hair in heavy metal and hard rock)  But I agree on one point, the instrumental is interesting imo but kind of weird, I'm not really into the glitchy parts and I would prefer producers focussed on the great mix between 80's rock and sax.

Personally I put this song with Born this way and Bad kids like a coherent trilogy :unicorn: 

Actually I listened to Hair again and I liked it somehow xD

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

McYves

Always Remember Us This Way,

oh, yeah, and PAPARAZZI!

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

RodeckDanny

Bloody Mary (I'm not saying it's bad, but...)

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

HermesGr
On 3/8/2019 at 9:19 AM, AJRocketMan said:

For me, Dance in the Dark. I loved it when it first came out but when I listened to it as an adult for the first time in several years, I didn’t like what I heard—I thought it was very cheesy and pretentious.

The synths that start at 0:16? My gosh, I thought those were so bad by 2010s standards! I still think they are. Back in 2009, that was the most epic part of the song for me. By 2017, it was the worst. The bridge didn’t match the lyrical content of the rest of the song at all. The first verse is fine, but the second verse ranges from corny to cheesy (“the moon lights her way while she’s howling at him”?! ☠️). Overall I find the lyrical content of the song to be disjointed and disconnected from the message of the song (a woman who has sex in the dark because she’s embarrassed about her body; a topic that isn’t worthy of grandiose treatment IMO) and the musical production to be extremely cheesy and dated. And I also dislike her vocals. Her tone sounds so ugly, just like the rest of TFM. 🤐 She got so much better after that album.

inb4.. HER BEST SONG.. :bye:

HermesGr
On 3/8/2019 at 10:08 AM, Wigless said:

VENUS

Venus soooo badly oh

and Marry The Night too. they just are NOT it. 

ARUTW is currently the worst. and add Speechless and Gypsy there too 

BAD TASTE alert! :trollga:

SCHEISSEMONTRE

Probably Gypsy or Bloody Mary 

Spoiler

Inb4: DITD and Bad Romance and Scheiße (even though it’s my favourite song)

Mychal

SCHEISSEMONTRE
On 3/8/2019 at 4:40 PM, MonsterAnton said:

I can't believe someone hasn't said LoveGame yet. It's tired and shouldn't be performed live anymore.

She took it off of during the ARTPOP era

Mychal

Archived