💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB has officially outgrossed Venom in the US

Married the Night

Featured Posts

S0436

And has recently outgrossed Austin Powers Goldmember starring Beyonce.  Which means she has the biggest movie hit as a pop star turned actress.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
8 hours ago, S0436 said:

And has recently outgrossed Austin Powers Goldmember starring Beyonce.  Which means she has the biggest movie hit as a pop star turned actress.

Not quite - there's still some names above her when you adjust all singers movies for inflation. But when I say "some," I mean, like, just three. And those films were massive, so she's in good company. But it's easy to forget the names I'm talking about. I'm going to make a thread listing all the singers I can think of who turned to acting and their biggest hit, adjusted for inflation, very soon. I'm just waiting around to see if ASIB makes any more last minute money considering that it's still in some cinemas worldwide, I think. But honestly, I adjusted Goldmember for inflation less than 2 months ago and I could swear it was more. ASIB obviously went overboard and then some towards the end, when it was released in Japan and more people went to see it after the Oscars for that brief week period, so your post was a lovely surprise for me!

Juanjo
On 3/7/2019 at 5:39 PM, TMM90 said:

Irrelevant, incomparable. 

Different genres, different audiences

pathetic thread.

xoxo

Omg, what a rude-ass reply. This post is very much relevant, as both films debuted in the same week in the US, and a lot of us have compared their domestic performance throughout. You can express your opinion, but you don’t have to be so rude.

OT: I’m so glad to see this, not out of hate towards Venom, but because of the difference in budgets for the films. ASIB is such a success, and I am so happy it has been so loved the American public! 

S0436

I can’t think of any demons to be exorcised now, the only bummer was it didn’t go #1 in the US box office.  It has been a near faultless era.

Archived