💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Gaga biggest hits - analysis

QueenChromatix

Featured Posts

QueenChromatix

So, recently Shallow dominating charts and lot of discussions regarding Gaga's catalogue occured. Monsters asking questions like: which song is her biggest hit? Which record has bigger influence? What song will win in terms of longevity? etc. I decided to analyse Gaga's songs using simple method.

I took Gaga's singles chart positions from 6 biggest music markets (US, UK, Germany, France, Canada and Australia - Japan is not included due to national-oriented charachter of their charts) and convert it into points. For example no. 1 position is 100 points (99+1 point of bonus for being top spot), no. 2 is 98 points, no. 3 is 97 points, etc. Here are the results:

1. Poker Face (600 points)
2. Bad Romance (596 points)
3. Born This Way (595 points)
4. Shallow (589 points)
5. Telephone (585 points)
6. Paparazzi (579 points)
7. Alejandro (577 points)
8. Just Dance (576 points)
9. The Edge Of Glory (576 points)
10. Applause (568 points)    

Do you agree with that list?

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

Alex Spade

I really love this list and the order. I thought Just Dance would be above Paparazzi and Alejandro at no. 6. I like the way you calculated this and included territories like Australia. 

KatieJudasGaga4

Poker Face (600 points)
4. Shallow (589 points)

I agree with most of it, except for Just Dance. I would put it higher, but other than that, yes

Alex Spade

I'm really eager to see where the Joanne singles land on the list. Is it possible to have a top 15/20? 

41 minutes ago, polishmonster said:

So, recently Shallow dominating charts and lot of discussions regarding Gaga's catalogue occured. Monsters asking questions like: which song is her biggest hit? Which record has bigger influence? What song will win in terms of longevity? etc. I decided to analyse Gaga's songs using simple method.

I took Gaga's singles chart positions from 6 biggest music markets (US, UK, Germany, France, Canada and Australia - Japan is not included due to national-oriented charachter of their charts) and convert it into points. For example no. 1 position is 100 points (99+1 point of bonus for being top spot), no. 2 is 98 points, no. 3 is 97 points, etc. Here are the results:

1. Poker Face (600 points)
4. Shallow (589 points)

Do you agree with that list?

I feel Just Dance was a bigger hit than the three above if. Had more longevity, it was a sleeper hit thay lasted ages and isn't it her second best-selling single ofall time too?

JustTea
11 minutes ago, Rio said:

I feel Just Dance was a bigger hit than the three above if. Had more longevity, it was a sleeper hit thay lasted ages and isn't it her second best-selling single ofall time too?

I think Just Dance was bigger in US but not WW :oprah:

BrickMonster

seems pretty right to me. i'm just wondering if Just Dance wasn't as big in europe as i thought?

QueenChromatix
1 minute ago, BrickMonster said:

seems pretty right to me. i'm just wondering if Just Dance wasn't as big in europe as i thought?

It was quite a hit but not that big as in the US. Also fact that Poker Face came quickly after JD and overshadowed it worth-mentioning.

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

LateToCult

Million Reasons stans found quaking because their super smash hit is nowhere on the list. :ladyhaha:

KatieJudasGaga4
3 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Million Reasons stans found quaking because their super smash hit is nowhere on the list. :ladyhaha:

I'm a stan of MR, but clearly it was only a hit in the US, Hungary, Switzerland and Slovakia. I always laugh when people rank it before Judas, when Judas hit the top 10 in 30+ countries.

PlanetChromatica

I think streams and youtube should also count in this because Bad Romance is more of a cultural impact than Poker Face in my opinion and Just Dance should be higher up.

Archived