Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"Leaving Neverland" second night was total flop

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

pedrohemg

Yikes! The second night of “Leaving Neverland” was worse than the first.

Only 927.000 people watched. The audience didn’t break 1 million. Oprah’s “After Neverland” did worse–780,000.

Viewers rejected the stories of Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck. I’m amazed. I really thought this would be a blockbuster.

But the overall negativity and pointlessness of the documentary left audiences cold.

This is very important: no victim of sexual abuse should ever be disbelieved, or ignored. Everyone should share their stories, and there is no shame.

But “Leaving Neverland” broke several conventions of documentary. It functioned not as journalism but as a personal grudge. I expected lie detector tests to show the veracity of the claims. But there were none.

There was also no context provided. No medical or psychological expert to explain how Jackson could have been one way with so many other children, and this way with Safechuck and Robson.

Also, you can never underestimate the power of the Michael Jackson fans. They’ve organized before to fend off Jackson accusers. I’ve seen some pretty ill informed criticism of them by people who were in foreign territory.

Michael Jackson was no angel. I watched him do a lot of crazy and mean things over the years. He was terrible to his employees at Neverland and Hayvenhurst. He wasn’t so nice to the fans when his trial was over. They thought they’d be going to a picnic at Neverland. Michael just shut the gates and left.

There’s more to say, but for right now, it’s instructive to see how ratings bottomed out.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/05/urgent-leaving-neverland-second-night-was-a-bust-with-fewer-than-1-million-viewers

JazzGa

Very interesting review and the complete opposite of the reception I was expecting

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

pedrohemg
2 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

'Leaving Neverland' is one of the most-watched HBO documentaries of the last decade

How can you call something like that a total flap, especially since HBO is a paid service.

First night: 1.3 million. Flop considering all the hype and HBO is a GIANT. Let's not pretend GOT ratings aren't huge.

Second night: 900k.

So...

LateToCult

I’m a little surprised it managed to get that many viewers. After his death in 2009 Michael’s image became untouchable in the eyes of millions all over the world. It’s sad to say this but if the allegations are true, it’s far too late and no amount of documentaries or interviews will ever be able to tarnish Michael. 

OBEY
10 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

'Leaving Neverland' is one of the most-watched HBO documentaries of the last decade

How can you call something like that a total flap, especially since HBO is a paid service.

His fans will do anything to defend him. Like sure not even 1million is not good but compared to other HBO documentaries it did well. 

Married the Night

People want to stream the whole thing. Everyone is talking about it. Thank god. 

BLACKOUTbritney

1mil basically for 2 episodes of a doco on HBO is actually pretty successful 

Not to mention it probably with have large DVR ratings from people who recorded it and will watch later. Oh and streaming too 

sexual assault victims don't have to pass lie detector. Anyway the reliability of lie detectors is controversial.

Didymus

Worse? That's like 90% of first viewers tuning back in. That's a success to me, especially given the fact that the documentary's pace is very slow and the abuse details are scattered throughout rather than blasted in the viewer's face from the beginning onwards.

maryloo

Anyone who has seen both the R.Kelly doc and this one, can you please explain to me how the two docs compare? Why would people be so much more inclined to believe survivors against R.Kelly vs the survivors against Michael Jackson (allegedly)?

Chickens in Malibu
11 minutes ago, maryloo said:

Anyone who has seen both the R.Kelly doc and this one, can you please explain to me how the two docs compare? Why would people be so much more inclined to believe survivors against R.Kelly vs the survivors against Michael Jackson (allegedly)?

For R.Kelly there's documented evidence (videos etc), for Michael Jackson there's none, to this date.

The FBI even raided his house and had him naked etc... and really found no evidence

The prosecution even tried to use some art work they found as "sexually suggestive material" and evidence, but the court shut down that claim.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived