Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billboard Says Katy Perry's Career Is In Danger

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8500384/katy-perry-365-chart-return-zedd-analysis

Really long article but in summary BillBoard is talking about the underperformance of Witness and how so far the success of 365 is very underwhelming

They say that it is a worrying sign for her career and that this decline potentially puts her next era in jeopardy

They also point out that standalone singles like 365 don't usually blow up as much but that given her big name the attention it got is still unexpectedly muted

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antichrist

may we please remember what gaga went through during ARTPOP? the articles written about her?

please, let's not feed into this bullshit, let the girl live. in an era where we all want females to be empowered and what not, every year we always have that 1 pop girl that is shredded to bits. sad. very sad.

Andreu
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

BillBoard i

what kind of lady GaGa is this :poot:

OT: I feel like we all see this and sometimes it's very funny to trash someone when it's a popular opinion but it's still unnecesary and from my POV not a nice thing to do

"She scored two #1 singles from One of the Boys"

False, I Kissed a Girl was the only Hot 100 #1 from that album

billboard can't fact check themselves lmao

Well perhaps she needs to be natural and less manufactured, Gaga is putting talent back to the front and a lot of these pop girls aren’t safe :coffee:

Hottie Detector

Galagala

Comparing with Gaga is not fair and right cuz Gaga herself is super talented while Katy...:selena:

Gimmicks and fancy music videos can not work out forever for a "singer".

iAstroLeo

Katy Perry isn't going anywhere, she has too many songs people adore and sing along to

I won't feed any hate going towards her way, not after I was here during the ARTPOP era and I hope most of you do the same :poot: 

Bradley

She needs to do something that's radically different from her old sounds, and promote the hell out of them, and be as vocally challenging and impressive as possible, I mean she has the potential, she just needs to practise a lot and outdo herself.

Economy
10 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Well perhaps she needs to be natural and less manufactured, Gaga is putting talent back to the front and a lot of these pop girls aren’t safe :coffee:

I don't think it's quite that simple...

Britney Spears was the definition of manufactured and she was like the biggest female pop star of this century

There's lots of raw honest artists that stay underground and never break into the scene

The whole "talent always wins" to me is total Fantasy and just a saying

Not The Real Gaga

I'll always love and respect Katy. She is a great artist and performer. She and Gaga are the most important and outstandig singers of my generation. 

Economy
Just now, Kitsch said:

She needs to do something that's radically different from her old sounds, and promote the hell out of them, and be as vocally challenging and impressive as possible, I mean she has the potential, she just needs to practise a lot and outdo herself.

I mean most of Witness sounded different. It just didn't work out

Not The Real Gaga
Just now, Kitsch said:

I think Witness was nothing like her sugar pop songs (or how do you call it?).

Boyboi12
4 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Facts :ally:

1 minute ago, Economy said:

I don't think it's quite that simple...

Britney Spears was the definition of manufactured as she was like the biggest female pop start of this century

There's lots of raw honest artists that stay underground and never break into the scene

The whole "talent always wins" to me is total Fantasy and just a saying

Yes and just like Britney, she’s not going anywhere. Latin America loves her and so does the US. She he tons of hits and somehow she will have a comeback :bon:

Hottie Detector

FATCAT

I'm sure if she comes back with more hit-worthy songs she'll be fine. She's just had some bumps in the road.

Purr more, hiss less.

• Admin changed the title to Billboard Says Katy Perry's Career Is In Danger

Archived