đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billboard Says Katy Perry's Career Is In Danger

Economy

Featured Posts

NCgaga

Witness actually had some good songs on it. Her image was and has been awful with it though. She still refuses to give up that hair that makes her look like a 40 year old soccer mom.  Back to witness- people were shooting it down before it even came out. She was getting the same treatment Gaga was getting during ARTPOP. 

Here is the difference- Gaga was manufactured based on image- eventually she hired Bobby- and they started focusing on her talent. Gaga is an asset to the industry and not only offers vocals, writing ability, instrumentation, dancing, and actually a great actress. Gaga has a lot to fall back on, and is versatile enough to change up if need be. Katy does not have enough to fall back on. I actually like her and like her voice songs- but I know she just doesn’t have as much gumption as Gaga/Madonna/Beyoncé and even Miley Cyrus to keep her career evolving. I do hope for the best for her though. 

I do feel that singers that are good, but not GREAT at one particular area(Katy, Kesha, Avril) are at risk of fading. Even Rihanna is at risk. These type of talents need great pop songs for the amount of talent they bring to the table. If you aren’t performing your ass off, and none of the 4 girls above me do- then what are you bringing to the table? Vocals? These four have ok-good vocals. They will all fade if they don’t turn their **** around. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gaga and Katy similarities are surprising to me...

The Fame - OOTB : Great debuts, big pop songs, big personalities everyone wanted to know more about.

TFM - Teenage Dream : At the top of their game, releasing hit after hit, both very big names.

BTW - PRISM : They both reach their peak (arguably based on the reception of their last album) and have a successful song (BTW vs. Roar/DH) and tour the world successfully selling arenas but release a number of singles that somehow makes it look like their star power is fading (Marry The Night / This Is How We Do).

ARTPOP - Witness : The media trashes them. Irrelevant, over, boring, fail to chart, we've seen it all, gimmick, etc.

Now, this is something I've been wondering ever since Prism didn't "top" Teenage Dreams (which would have been very difficult to acheive). What is Katy going to do next? Gaga had talent to back her up, she could show people a completely new side of her with Tony Bennett. Katy doesn't have to necessarily do that, she could find the right producer and release a very catchy song. But changes are needed, people are clearly not here for her and her team needs to take notes.

underneath the pine

LadyxGaGa
12 minutes ago, Jorget said:

The Gaga and Katy similarities are surprising to me...

The Fame - OOTB : Great debuts, big pop songs, big personalities everyone wanted to know more about.

TFM - Teenage Dream : At the top of their game, releasing hit after hit, both very big names.

BTW - PRISM : They both reach their peak (arguably based on the reception of their last album) and have a successful song (BTW vs. Roar/DH) and tour the world successfully selling arenas but release a number of singles that somehow makes it look like their star power is fading (Marry The Night / This Is How We Do).

ARTPOP - Witness : The media trashes them. Irrelevant, over, boring, fail to chart, we've seen it all, gimmick, etc.

Now, this is something I've been wondering ever since Prism didn't "top" Teenage Dreams (which would have been very difficult to acheive). What is Katy going to do next? Gaga had talent to back her up, she could show people a completely new side of her with Tony Bennett. Katy doesn't have to necessarily do that, she could find the right producer and release a very catchy song. But changes are needed, people are clearly not here for her and her team needs to take notes.

What about GaGa's Joanne era? You didn't compare that to anything, that album had Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion. It had hits, it had sales. That seems a little unfair to Katy Perry, to not include that is all I am typing out. 

25 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

What about GaGa's Joanne era? You didn't compare that to anything, that album had Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion. It had hits, it had sales. That seems a little unfair to Katy Perry, to not include that is all I am typing out. 

Well I mean what album I can compare Joanne to? KP5 doesn't exist. I was just pointing out how these eras were so similar. We don't know what Katy is going to do next and that's my whole point, Gaga could do a Joanne. Can Katy do a Katherine? Or will she do something else? I fail to see how any of what I said is unfair to a popstar I actually liked.

underneath the pine

LadyxGaGa
9 minutes ago, Jorget said:

Well I mean what album I can compare Joanne to? KP5 doesn't exist. I was just pointing out how these eras were so similar. We don't know what Katy is going to do next and that's my whole point, Gaga could do a Joanne. Can Katy do a Katherine? Or will she do something else? I fail to see how any of what I said is unfair to a popstar I actually liked.

Okay fine, compare A Star is Born instead

6 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

Okay fine, compare A Star is Born instead

Compare A Star Is Born to what...?

underneath the pine

LadyxGaGa
4 minutes ago, Jorget said:

Compare A Star Is Born to what...?

I don't know, I'm not entirely inept with her discography. I thought you liked Katy Perry and would be able to compare it to something, but I guess you don't like her. 

holy scheisse

Inb4 all the comparisons to ARTPOP but news flash bunches that was 5 years ago, Katy and Gaga have been in the game the same amount of time and Katherine's got nothing substantial to fall back on. (i.e. talent... Tbh :/ )

1 minute ago, LadyxGaGa said:

I don't know, I'm not entirely inept with her discography. I thought you liked Katy Perry and would be able to compare it to something, but I guess you don't like her. 

I was just comparing Lady Gaga and Katy Perry's first four eras. It'd be pointless if I compared Joanne or A Star Is Born to let's say... Rise or 365? I absolutely don't understand whatever you are trying to say. Also it's a pop forum, I'm not submitting a thesis sis. :smh:

underneath the pine

LadyxGaGa
1 minute ago, Jorget said:

I was just comparing Lady Gaga and Katy Perry's first four eras. It'd be pointless if I compared Joanne or A Star Is Born to let's say... Rise or 365? I absolutely don't understand whatever you are trying to say. Also it's a pop forum, I'm not submitting a thesis sis. :smh:

I just wanted you to say Lady GaGa is ahead of Katy Perry in terms of music and relevance, but that'll do pig 

Ronk

I think Katy will be fine.  I envision sold out arenas in her future.  Never forget she is so loved by so many.  It only takes one song that captures the imagination and heart of the pubic.  Remember that it only took one song, Just Dance, to get Gaga on the talk shows, and her career took off.  All the love for Katy positions her to take off again big with just the right song.

I live outside the space time continuum.

whore
11 hours ago, FATCAT said:

I'm sure if she comes back with more hit-worthy songs she'll be fine. She's just had some bumps in the road.

“365” seemed like that song though, especially with Zedd in the name. I admit it does seem very off for her to not have success. Maybe it’s her Witness-reminiscent look that’s still shooing the public away from her :lana:

FATCAT
17 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

“365” seemed like that song though, especially with Zedd in the name. I admit it does seem very off for her to not have success. Maybe it’s her Witness-reminiscent look that’s still shooing the public away from her :lana:

Eh 365 was easily forgotten. Zedd didn't really bring anything to the table either. 

Purr more, hiss less.

Jakkusan
13 hours ago, Antichrist said:

may we please remember what gaga went through during ARTPOP? the articles written about her?

please, let's not feed into this bullshit, let the girl live. in an era where we all want females to be empowered and what not, every year we always have that 1 pop girl that is shredded to bits. sad. very sad.

The difference is: Katy doesn't have the huge and versatile talent that Gaga has. She is solely a "pop girl" and if she can't be successful at that, there's little else for her and fewer avenues for her.

Archived