Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billboard Says Katy Perry's Career Is In Danger

Economy

Featured Posts

Bradley
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I mean most of Witness sounded different. It just didn't work out

I loved Witness but to say that it's radically different from Teenage Dream and Prism?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

It's normal to have an ebb and flow. Katy's been nothing but flow, so she must have an ebb now and will continue to ebb unless she changes gears to something else that appeals to the public. She hasn't really done that yet, 365 was very similar thematically to Witness.

However, I was really impressed by Katy's vocals at the Dolly Parton tribute with Kacey Musgraves! She was grunting and running and melisma-ing all over the place! It wasn't the best ever but it seemed like Katy has been training and working on her vocal strength. That would be great, if she came back with a more vocal album. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Not The Real Gaga
4 minutes ago, Galagala said:

Comparing with Gaga is not fair and right cuz Gaga herself is super talented while Katy...:selena:

Gimmicks and fancy music videos can not work out forever for a "singer".

... is super talented too. She wouldn't be where she is today if she wasn't talented.

2 minutes ago, Unites said:

I'll always love and respect Katy. She is a great artist and performer. She and Gaga are the most important and outstandig singers of my generation. 

THANK YOU :flower:
Let's NOT be that fanbase that pounces on the misfortune of others. Katy is a supportive and wonderful friend to Gaga, so lets never wish failure or mock Katy Perry's lack of commercial success. Imagine if we had this support through ARTPOP? 

Love you Katy. 365 was  kinda flat but I still love so much of your music :pole:

Not The Real Gaga
1 minute ago, Kitsch said:

I loved Witness but to say that it's radically different from Teenage Dream and Prism?

Well, her sound did evolve per era. Prism does sound more like Witness than Teenage Dream does.

AMENiCURE

katy has potential if she tries but she chooses not to which is natural since she is taking a break from music again

i saw her fans having a huge meltdown on twitter because she wasn't promoting 365 and instead promoting her shoes line

i think she is taking her time, experimenting with life and will eventually return with something for fans

ShockPop

She will need to rebuild on a different path. She can't get by on talent. That's not an option that's open to her.

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Unites said:

Well, her sound did evolve per era. Prism does sound more like Witness than Teenage Dream does.

I just think her evolution has to be radical, like Gaga-Joanne radical, she might need to switch up her public image like she did for each era.

This Witness look has lasted for like 2 to 3 years, the public needs to be impressed again.

10 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

may we please remember what gaga went through during ARTPOP? the articles written about her?

please, let's not feed into this bullshit, let the girl live. in an era where we all want females to be empowered and what not, every year we always have that 1 pop girl that is shredded to bits. sad. very sad.

Gaga reinvented herself with the covers era post-ARTPOP, C2C, then Sound of Music performance at the Oscars, Superbowl after a successful run with Joanne (a very anti-pop album) and then ASIB.

She was able to do all those things because she's a powerhouse talent. Katy Perry doesn't have what it takes to reinvent herself the way Gaga did it.

Katy might find a different way, but Gaga found her way back to the top by nurturing her huge natural talent. Katy was always about spectacle with huge production value to back her up from Teenage Dream onward. Without it, all she has left are her meh voice and meh songwriting.

Not The Real Gaga
1 minute ago, Marionette said:

THANK YOU :flower:
Let's NOT be that fanbase that pounces on the misfortune of others. Katy is a supportive and wonderful friend to Gaga, so lets never wish failure or mock Katy Perry's lack of commercial success. Imagine if we had this support through ARTPOP? 

Love you Katy. 365 was  kinda flat but I still love so much of your music :pole:

Honestly, it surprises me every single time when I see people dragging Katy so badly around here. Some people seem to enjoy it, which is very weird if they actually stan a woman who has stood up against bullying so many times.

Galagala
6 minutes ago, Unites said:

... is super talented too. She wouldn't be where she is today if she wasn't talented.

Ok...:sure:

JusKeepBreathin
22 minutes ago, Economy said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8500384/katy-perry-365-chart-return-zedd-analysis

Really long article but in summary BillBoard is talking about the underperformance of Witness and how so far the success of 365 is very underwhelming

They say that it is a worrying sign for her career and that this decline potentially puts her next era in jeopardy

They also point out that standalone singles like 365 don't usually blow up as much but that given her big name the attention it got is still unexpectedly muted

Yes...as far as new music is concerned. Her career is in danger, but with streaming she and anyone who has had  hit albums from 2008 and forward enjoy success from there old stuff. It's not like the 80's, 90's or 00's. That success is measured by a current album. More money is made from an artists catalog than a new album that forces a record company to spend money on marketing. 

There was actually a good articke on it maybe like a year or two ago, where it says that record companies are just not likely to spend money on an album dropping like they used to. 

Katy is probably never going to enjoy the success she once had, but it's harder now to say an artist is over because of streaming. IMO

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Not The Real Gaga
4 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

katy has potential if she tries but she chooses not to which is natural since she is taking a break from music again

i saw her fans having a huge meltdown on twitter because she wasn't promoting 365 and instead promoting her shoes line

i think she is taking her time, experimenting with life and will eventually return with something for fans

She is engaged. We know she's had a rough time last year, so hopefully she will take her time.

• Admin changed the title to Billboard Says Katy Perry's Career Is In Danger

Archived