Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

US - Shallow sells over 43,000 copies on iTunes

awhite20

Featured Posts

sipthistea
10 hours ago, YuyiGaga said:

what does it need to go #1?

That certain young artist (and other artists) stops her payola agreement with streaming services.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

That certain young artist (and other artists) stops her payola agreement with streaming services.

💀💀💀 you didn't lie tho

3 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I see you deleted your politeness there. He made a thread and he linked us to the article - whether it’s reliable or not. He has not broken any rules and therefore this reply is just rude. :awkney:

boo hoo

jaXXXon
3 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

That’s basically nothing compared to the early-mid 2010’s. Digital downloads have become so irrelevant since streaming took over, it’s sad. 🙁 I really miss those days. 

You have to understand that if we lived in 2011-13 music state TODAY aka. digital sales are equally as big as they were back then that still wouldn't have changed Shallow's success. It would still get a major surge in sales. The 43,000 would've been 100,000. iTunes still has a pretty big say in what's charting on the Hot 100. 

Economy
12 hours ago, Sepsami said:

Shallow is not reaching #1 tho :air: BUT it might repeak, I believe it peaked #5 rn?

I think it will repeak. Sales are monstrously high and streaming is back up and now we got the Oscars performance going viral which I believe also counts for streaming

But it's gonna be hard for sales and streaming to fully offset low Radio AI

So a repeak at #3 or #4 is very likely but #1 I wouldn't hold my breath

Mind u I would love to be wrong on this one!

Sepsami
10 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Ariana just let us have this one

200.gif

Id tell people to stream shallow if I was ha tbh 

awhite20
On 2/26/2019 at 9:56 AM, Sepsami said:

Shallow is not reaching #1 tho :air: BUT it might repeak, I believe it peaked #5 rn?

You were saying? :huntyga::ohwell:

Curunir
4 minutes ago, boyfromnowhere said:

I'm so confused over WHO is still BUYING music singles in 2019????

People who recognize talent :ally:

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, boyfromnowhere said:

I'm so confused over WHO is still BUYING music singles in 2019????

I am. Many people are. We like to own our music. Have files at our disposal that we can copy to any device or player regardless of whether it has support for Apple Music or Spotify or even the internet.

I guess Apple did a good job by making files so hard to access in the first place on iOS that people are used to seeing music as just tracks in a music player as opposed to files now.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Noah X
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

I am. Many people are. We like to own our music. Have files at our disposal that we can copy to any device or player regardless of whether it has support for Apple Music or Spotify or even the internet.

I guess Apple did a good job by making files so hard to access in the first place on iOS that people are used to seeing music as just tracks in a music player as opposed to files now.

"copy to any device or player"

what kind of archaic prehistoric-- :ladyhaha:

gypsy101
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

well yeah to get the files you have to upload them to a computer, i don’t think you can view them on your phone

Archived