event

91st Academy Awards

monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J

It is 11:56am here and I'm eagerly awaiting the big show!!!  Countdown is ON. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

SharkmanthaC
24 minutes ago, warrentw said:

Did anyone see Wanda Sykes on Ellen when she was talking about her votes for the Oscar and she said she had 15 minutes to vote so ran through the list selecting people who were black. This really annoys me on so many levels but the main one being that people are allowed to vote without even watching the films and can just make a quick vote based on things like race 

Wanda Sykes is part of the Academy?

And the fact that she only had 15 minutes to vote makes me think she was just irresponsible in it.  I don't think they go to a ballot box to do it? I'm not really sure how it works, but saying they only have 15 minutes to vote is most likely her fault.

But voting like this is also irresponsible where you don't even give the nominees a chance to view their work.  I guess it's like people voting for candidates they know nothing about because of the party affiliation. :huntyga:

she/her/hers

BULATIO
4 minutes ago, Miriam said:

I live in Europe, in Poland

Where i can watch Oscars?

In YouTube :ohwell:

1 hour ago, Gonzi said:

Gaga is still leading in votes for best actress in some important polls :air: I know the chances are small at this point but it wouldn't be the first unexpected twist to ever happen at the Oscars

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/movies/oscar-nominees-2019.html

The Best Picture poll is the reason I don't trust the general public with any kind of vote political or not...Bohemian Rhapsody is literally (imo) the worst film on that list :wtf: 

2 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

And the fact that she only had 15 minutes to vote makes me think she was just irresponsible in it.  I don't think they go to a ballot box to do it? I'm not really sure how it works, but saying they only have 15 minutes to vote is most likely her fault.

But voting like this is also irresponsible where you don't even give the nominees a chance to view their work.  I guess it's like people voting for candidates they know nothing about because of the party affiliation. :huntyga:

yeah she said she got a text telling her she had 15 mins left to get her votes in and was busy getting her nails done 

MiddleChild
2 minutes ago, Karl said:

The Best Picture poll is the reason I don't trust the general public with any kind of vote political or not...Bohemian Rhapsody is literally (imo) the worst film on that list :wtf: 

It’s just a bunch of Queen fans voting. The film is successfully because of the music.

16 minutes ago, MiddleChild said:

The film is successfully because of the music.

I agree. But it’s so funny to think this is the tea when 95% of ASIB’s wins this season were for the music :sharon: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

3 minutes ago, Stef said:

I agree. But it’s so funny to think this is the tea when 95% of ASIB’s wins this season were for the music :sharon: 

But at least it is for new original music rather than iconic hits from 40 years ago

DeleteMyAccount
29 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I read someone's tweet or something saying that they didn't vote for Gaga because they don't like her but voted for Glenn even though they didn't even see her movie. TBH, the Oscar voting is a bit ridiculous. 

• Haroon unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived