Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

DJWS reconfirms Gaga changed direction on LG6

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Whispering
38 minutes ago, marteo said:

You did not read my post well or you did not understand it. I crearly said Lady Gaga is really compromised with her aritistry and I understand that she ALL THE RIGHT TO DO AS SHE PLEASES but Taylor as much as she has changes she was always a pop country artist or has she realesed a Jazz album or a folk country album? Please take time to better read what I have posted. Thanks

I read it. Taylor went fro Country Crossover, but she was definitely a Country artist to a Pop artist. Her last two albums have nor been marketed to country radio at all, where her first album was marketed there first. Perhaps it is you that is not understanding the way radio stations work in the US? 

Secondly, artists with a wide range of talent will explore a wide range of opportunities. You simply didn’t pick a one note pop girl. I’m certain there are plenty of those out there to choose from, though. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23

Why couldn't she change direction away from Bloodpop. 

please.

The thing keeping me hopeful about this album is that she still has Justin Tranter involved

Whispering
6 hours ago, marteo said:

Dude honestly, your too thin skinned. I adore Lady Gaga, but I am also entitled to my own opinion which we obviously dont share. Thank you.  You have blessed day. 

You stated your opinion as fact, in reference to Taylor. Sorry, but your facts were wrong. 

To all of you saying she should use her current success to release a ballad album or something of the sort...

It’ll only be another ARTPOP situation where she won’t be able to reach her new level of success after.

If she doesn’t accommodate the GP to her going back to pop right now they’re never gonna be here for it.

Its either she releases yet another lowkey album that reaches enormous success but ruins any attempt at a pop followup

OR she goes back to pop NOW, puts herself back into the GP eye as a main pop girl (as in Ariana, not like Adele or something) and gets good (not stellar, but still) reception 

So it’s either the bling or the music 

The fans or the monsters

The GP or the ones with taste

Playing it safe or doing something fresh and groundbreaking, because that’s what we stanned for

But if chart success makes up for underwhelming content for you then so be it :vegas:

Katsuki Bakugo

Who cares. DJWS music isn’t all that. And his productions were messy. Lets see what Boyz Noise do! 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Brooke Hoegan

She's starting to really irritate me :interestinga:

Is she becoming one of those people who work on some project but they never finish it because it starts to "not feel fresh enough" and they move on to another one, and the story repeats and it's like a circle...

I mean, she worked more effectively (and better overall ?) when she was just starting out and now it looks like she's too big and Interscope can't set a deadline for her and her projects end up like this, she scraps many of them and at the same time she always works on something but only small part of it all ever sees the light of day... :madge:

Antichrist
On 2/25/2019 at 3:37 AM, Enigma said:

To all of you saying she should use her current success to release a ballad album or something of the sort...

It’ll only be another ARTPOP situation where she won’t be able to reach her new level of success after.

If she doesn’t accommodate the GP to her going back to pop right now they’re never gonna be here for it.

Its either she releases yet another lowkey album that reaches enormous success but ruins any attempt at a pop followup

OR she goes back to pop NOW, puts herself back into the GP eye as a main pop girl (as in Ariana, not like Adele or something) and gets good (not stellar, but still) reception 

So it’s either the bling or the music 

The fans or the monsters

The GP or the ones with taste

Playing it safe or doing something fresh and groundbreaking, because that’s what we stanned for

But if chart success makes up for underwhelming content for you then so be it :vegas:

well we all know what she's gonna choose :cryga:

just another gay

I dont want any "2.0" album. To be completely different and unexpected is what makes it exciting.

AJRocketMan

I know it’s totally normal for artists to change direction and scrap old ideas that aren’t working anymore (I’ve done it myself as an aspiring comic book artist), but since 2014/15 Gaga has taken too long on projects and subsequently loses interest in them and leaves them in the cutting room floor for a new direction.

With Joanne, she started recording in late 2015 (I think?) and released it in October of the following year. When she released and promoted it, she was still in that creative mindset that birthed the record and was still “feeling” Joanne. Then with 2017, she changed her fashion, the style of her performances and concerts [Super Bowl (there’s a reason for this, honestly), Coachella, Joanne World Tour], the interludes and visuals for these events, and so on. This proved she was no longer in that “Joanne mindset” and was now doing new music.

I think it’s important for artists to release music as soon as they feel they have enough material for a brand new record, while still being confident in the work and being in that same creative mindset that birthed the project. ‘Cause when you take too long, you eventually get bored and scrap the whole project in favor of a new one. The same thing happened to Lorde. Melodrama started off as a very different project from the final product.

But just to let you guys know, as an artist it’s normal for art projects to turn out different from their initial idea. :vegas: The difference is in whether it happened quickly or over a long period of time. 😉

Monsieur D
5 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

But just to let you guys know, as an artist it’s normal for art projects to turn out different from their initial idea. :vegas: The difference is in whether it happened quickly or over a long period of time. 😉

THIS! It happens to me, I am an amateur singer/songwriter... I've been working in an album since 2017 (just for fun, friends and some random performances on bars), and I have change the direction/concept million times, one day you think, "this song is amazing", and a few months later you think, "I don't really conect with this song anymore..."

After the massive success of ASIB/Shallow, it's obvious that she's not the person that she was before october... and that affects to her music/new projects, for better or worse. 

I trust in Gaga, and I'll be happy with any concept, I just want to hear new music from her. 

AJRocketMan
28 minutes ago, Mister D said:

After the massive success of ASIB/Shallow, it's obvious that she's not the person that she was before october... and that affects to her music/new projects, for better or worse. 

I trust in Gaga, and I'll be happy with any concept, I just want to hear new music from her. 

I wouldn’t say that. Boys Noize and BloodPop have teased LG6 post-October, so I think what she was working on in the summer is still on (except maybe the songs inspired by Christian).

Also, while I LOVE Gaga dearly and she is my favorite artist, I would not be here for another rock album if that ends up being LG6. Joanne was enough. For now. To me, Gaga does electronic music best and I want/expect an electronic dance album after all that teasing in the summer of 2018.

YeehawKylie

When you release an album, that's an era you remain glued to for at least a year, likely longer. If Gaga is already not entirely feeling the material she has been working on, then why shouldn't she shift direction to something she believes defines her better? Say what you will about 'Joanne', but Gaga very much enjoyed that era and still seems to. People like to look down on that album, but it won her a Grammy (something neither Born this Way nor ARTPOP could do) and gave us two great videos (Perfect Illusion, John Wayne), a Top 10 hit, iconic visuals, and some great performances (VSFS comes to mind). Had she released an album that already felt stale to her by its release, I doubt we would have gotten a full era. 

Archived