💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Is Shallow So Huge In Europe?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

I just checked Portugal's Singles charts (I used to live in Portugal) and Shallow is #1 yet again :firega:

But in Europe as a whole it's just completely smashing like crazy. Same in Australia

Why do u think it's smashing so much in Europe specifically?

Here in North America it's a decent hit but not as massive...

Here in Canada it has stayed in the top 10 but it's spent most of the time in the bottom half of the top 10 and never broke the #3 peak from debut week

In the US it's spent most of its time outside top 10 

Usually she does better in North America. Canada & USA lead the world in Gaga top 10 singles yet this time her performance is more modest :oprah:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Europe has taste, right now the US is filled with mumble rappers, everyone can go famous for anything so quick.

bloody g

I think radio stations on Europe were willing to take the risk of playing Shallow much more

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

ArtGagaPop

1. We have taste :huntyga: 

2. The movie became hugely popular here. 

3. Radios actually play the song here, Shallow #1 on France radios for like 10 weeks, #1 in sweden and been top 5 forever, top 5 in UK, Germany, and Australia etc, even ARTUW is getting pushed now and played alot.

Bonkers

Adele and Abba are on break rn.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

DaftFameMonster

Well I mean it has been #1 on US iTunes for 83497589347894798347 years as well as being one of the top YouTube videos, yet here we have all of Ariana's songs for example reaching the top of the Billboard 100 through radio and playlist payola.  I'm quite content with Shallow being remembered because people actually enjoyed the song as opposed to achieving chart numbers through biased radio spins. 

Economy
27 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

1. We have taste :huntyga: 

2. The movie became hugely popular here. 

3. Radios actually play the song here, Shallow #1 on France radios for like 10 weeks, #1 in sweden and been top 5 forever, top 5 in UK, Germany, and Australia etc, even ARTUW is getting pushed now and played alot.

I still don't get why they don't just release ARTUW as a second single the demand is clearly there :saladga:

Unless LG6 single is right around the corner then I can understand

But tbh I doubt LG6 lead is around the corner so release ARTUW :grr:

jaXXXon

It's a big hit in the US though. A million times at #1 on iTunes and Top 10 on Spotify. It's just that Shallow is being treated like a typical country song so pop radio isn't willing to play it. And most points on the Hot 100 comes from radio, so...

It's a big hit in Canada as well. Heck, it's actually a big hit everywhere

Economy
1 minute ago, DaftFameMonster said:

Well I mean it has been #1 on US iTunes for 83497589347894798347 years as well as being one of the top YouTube videos, yet here we have all of Ariana's songs for example reaching the top of the Billboard 100 through radio and playlist payola.  I'm quite content with Shallow being remembered because people actually enjoyed the song as opposed to achieving chart numbers through biased radio spins. 

Streaming wise tho it's ranked pretty bad compared to other nations tho so it's not just radio

Here in Canada it was between #5 to #10 for quite a while before falling off while in the US it fell down much faster

In Portugal which I've been checking it's consistently been between #2 and #5 everyday

World wide it's also charting much better than in the US on streams. It's charting better than here in Canada too

The only place it's doing exeptionally well in North America is in sales and unfortunately sales are a small fraction of overall music activity hence small impact on charts

It looks good to see the song on top of iTunes for ages but it really doesn't mean half as much as it used to on the grand scheme of things

Here in Canada it's been selling even better (it only ever left #1 for like 2 days previously and now with Pink). Most of the time the live bars showed that song #2 was getting like 0.4 out of 1.0 that shallow was getting

But I don't know a single person that bought shallow cuz everybody streams

It's the top charter in sales of the small fraction of ppl that still access music that way. 

But our radio spins were also terrible like in the US

In general Shallow just wasn't as big in North America as it was in the rest of the developed world (except Japan where it bombed big time)

Archived