💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did Bradley end TayGa?

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

Standard Disclaimer: I am NOT insinuating that Gaga and Bradley ever had an affair or were romantically involved at any point, nor am I saying that anyone intentionally ended anyone's relationship (despite the title), so let's get that out of the way. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5103793

About two and a half years ago I made a thread called "I Figured Out Sinner's Prayer", in which I tried to decode the meaning behind the song "Sinner's Prayer". I'd concluded that it was about the unraveling of Gaga's engagement to Taylor Kinney in early 2016. It was in these months that Gaga had to publicly confront her sexual assault (TIHTY) and deal with the death of her childhood idol David Bowie. I assumed that it was these two major events together that caused Gaga to rethink not just her relationship, but the direction of her career.

HOWEVER, in light of recent events I revisited it and realized that there was one piece of the puzzle that I was totally missing: 

BRADLEY COOPER

bradley-cooper-547062-1-402.jpg

I want to take you back to January-March 2016. Gaga and Taylor Kinney are very much in love, and are seen together at multiple high profile events during and immediately following awards season.

3fca8645bedc0b74b7f2548cf2d8eca9.jpggagakinney.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=780

Flashforward about two weeks to the night of April 13, 2016

Gaga performs at the Sean Parker cancer fundraiser, and this is where Bradley Cooper decides that he wants her to star in his movie.

gaga-cancer-performance-bad-romance.jpg

The next morning (April 14), Bradley visits Gaga's Malibu home. We all know the story by heart at this point -- the leftover spaghetti, the makeup wipe, 'Midnight Special', etc.

In an interview with Vogue, Gaga says of their first meeting: "The second that I saw him, I was like, 'Have I known you my whole life? It was an instant connection, instant understanding of one another."

CooperGagaCake.gif

April 17, 2016 -- a mere 3 days after the infamous first meeting between Gaga and Bradley is the last time we see Gaga and Taylor together on her Instagram. Ever. (and that's not counting their breakup announcement)

334B297900000578-0-image-a-2_1461053071096.jpg

April 24, 2016 -- as I mentioned in my Sinner's Prayer thread, Gaga posts a photo of herself on the steps of a church in Chicago and she's seen holding a bible. Her Instagram caption reads: "Even the highest powers don't have it all figured out right away. Gotta leave yourself room to discover something new. Even at the last minute. Don't forget to love." 

To quote myself: "Gaga is admitting to herself almost that she doesn't have everything figured out. Maybe she's having a serious case of cold feet about her marriage to Taylor -- and it's literally the last minute. Maybe she was in a state of denial this whole time but now she's finally given herself room to think this through, go with her gut instinct, and discover what she really wants."

51992023.jpg

April 29 -- It is now just two weeks since Gaga and Bradley met at her house for the first time. On a Friday night, the two are spotted on a motorbike heading to dinner at Giorgio Baldi.

e26de357f4a704217c35afb21523e90b.jpg02-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-motorcycle-2.w700.h700.jpg

Now I want you to put yourself in Taylor Kinney's shoes for a moment. Your girlfriend says she had an "instant connection" with an A-list Hollywood heartthrob, invited him into her home while you weren't in town, and made him spaghetti. This man has a reputation for romancing his costars (see Jennifer Aniston, Zoe Saldana, and Renee Zellwegger). And on a Friday night, he comes around in a leather jacket and whisks your girlfriend away on a motorbike for dinner. And then as if that's not enough, your girlfriend says she wants to spend the next two years making a movie with him.

How do you feel? :selena: Even if there was no romantic connection between Gaga and Bradley, I can imagine how insecure a boyfriend might feel in that situation. While we can't be sure, I can only guess that a fight between the two of them arose because of this incident. Again, I am not saying that Gaga and Bradley had an affair, nor am I saying that anyone is at "fault" in this situation. It was just a case of miscommunication, insecurity, and hurt feelings.

TayGa is pretty much on the rocks by late spring, early summer 2016. In the opening scene of Five Foot Two we know that Taylor and Gaga are fighting around the time ASIB is greenlit.

"Yeah," she says while cooking at her Malibu home, "me and Taylor [Kinney] are fighting. So, that sucks." Gaga goes on to say that her "threshold for bullshit with men is -- I don't have one anymore" because she's 30, she feels better and her insecurities are gone.

tumblr_owrq0pYlXA1wqfv6fo3_540.gif

Perhaps their relationship ended not because Taylor was jealous that Gaga's career was flourishing again like some have suggested -- it was how uncomfortably close she was getting to Bradley Cooper. Maybe Taylor gave her an ultimatum -- "it's either me or him [Bradley]", and Gaga chose to do the movie, leading to a fight, and ultimately leading to the breakup. Again, this is all pure speculation, but I think it's likely. 

What do you think?

200w.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that some are investigating her love life this closely is pretty sick.. This is the one thing i have against fandoms.. These stars literally have 0 private life.. No wonder why relationships never work. not trying to be a jerk.. i just cant imagine what she could be thinking right now, and to have these past emotions constantly being brought up. 

6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Perhaps their relationship ended not because Taylor was jealous that Gaga's career was flourishing again like some have suggested --

Bullshit! Taylor met Gaga during her Imperial phase. We won't know why they broke up, but I doubt it was because he was jealous. They were together for five years, he was there in her peak and watched her downfall. She broke her hip and he was always there helping her and by her side. 

GAGA! If you are here, get back to taylor, woman!

Glamourpuss

This is really interesting and well thought out. I have been wondering these things myself so thanks for doing the work and sharing it.

What comes to mind right now which I feel might be another puzzle piece is a specific comment Taylor made about the movie. Does anyone remember. He said something about if people only knew what went into it or something. I can't remember. Can someone else find it? It might be nothing but I remember thinking it was weird at the time. 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

tumblr_inline_p1cch8oCSJ1s801ah_500.jpg

I usually hate threads discussing Gagz' personal life but damn girl, this is some investigative journalism sht

PunkTheFunk
2 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

The fact that some are investigating her love life this closely is pretty sick.. This is the one thing i have against fandoms.. These stars literally have 0 private life.. No wonder why relationships never work. not trying to be a jerk.. i just cant imagine what she could be thinking right now, and to have these past emotions constantly being brought up. 

We are discussing information that is in the public domain about a very public figure. None of us here are hacking into her emails or climbing over her fence to get more details. I'm free to have my own opinion about the situation :vegas:

Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

We are discussing information that is in the public domain about a very public figure. None of us here are hacking into her emails or climbing over her fence to get more details. I'm free to have my own opinion about the situation :vegas:

I just find it disrespectful in general.. Not targeting you hun.. I know its out there for everyone.. Just imagine millions of people speculating and discussing your private life.. Being a super star your private life is public.. but sometimes its not because you wish it to be so... Really im not trying to come at you or anyone else.. I just hope shes ok, and is ignoring all the mess in the tabloids and online. 

Suspiria

These photos just remind me how awful 2016 was for looks:toofunny: frazzled hair and dad clothes, you will not be missed.

Archived