💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

My dad just watched ASIB with me for the first time and

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons

he really enjoyed it!

after I'll never love again played and she stared into the camera, he looked at me and started balling his eyes out

This is the most I've ever seen him cry about anything ever, I was shook tbh

It really resonated with him, he has an alcoholic older brother and the ending hit him really hard because he never got to say goodbye to his dad.

In early 2005, my grandad went to india and had a heart attack there, the last time my dad saw him was when he dropped him off at the airport. 

He also called gaga a real singer and that she really has a voice, but this isn't new, he ain't a stan but he always gushes about her talent whenever I mention her, he lives for her million reasons AMA performance from 2016.

ALTHOUGH on a side note, he called gaga plain looking:huntyga:

I think one of the more difficult aspects of watching the film is watching it with those who have experienced or personally know those who have experienced substance abuse issues- or even if you yourself have. It struck such a nerve, to be honest.

3 points in and ready for more

Quartz
18 minutes ago, Miel said:

I think one of the more difficult aspects of watching the film is watching it with those who have experienced or personally know those who have experienced substance abuse issues- or even if you yourself have. It struck such a nerve, to be honest.

Anyone who ever gone through addiction, or know someone go through addiction, can really connect with this film. It's a surprisingly meaningful film that really goes deep into the pain addiction inflicts. Ultimately it says, addiction = bad, love = good. It really is an amazing film.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Economy

My parents would never whatch it cuz it's rated R :air:

My dad has seen rated R movies before without knowing they were like The Matrix :emma:

Monsieur D

I can feel you. My dad watched ASIB for the first time yesterday. He cried in the Shallow scene (I was amazed) and at the end, he didn't cry when Bradley dies, he did it when Gaga started to sing I'll Never Love Again (I cried too, it's was my fourth time).

Pamelaisley

I saw it on my birthday with my sister, older brother, and his wife. 

All us gals were crying at the end and he asked if we enjoyed it. (of course i did, it was my 3rd time seeing it!) My sis-in-law kept repeating that she "hated movies about drug addicts." I knew that her brother was one so it hit her pretty hard :noparty: The next time i saw her, she told me she was listening to the soundtrack a lot and wanted to learn ARUTW on piano!! 

The first time i saw it, i was bawling because Jackson was a culmination of the father figures in my life: my dad was the drug addict part and my ex-step dad was the alcoholic part. 

I also never got to say goodbye to my dad because he had a major heart attack as well. I was already in tears by the second line of INLA..

the moon lights her way 🌖🦇

PartySick

I think the part that hit me the most was when Jackson told Bobby that he idolized him, not their dad. And that ended up being their last exchange :giveup:

I have daddy issues :ohwell: among others :ohwell:

I don't know a single soul who didn't feel something with this movie.

Slightly related note - I told my grandma about the scene with INLA and how Sonja passed just before they shot it. Well a few days after that she was playing music in her bedroom from YouTube and I walked in when I heard the piano version of Joanne and she's just baawwlling saying "I bet she made this version for her friend. What a sweet girl." I just thought that was nice :kara:

🖤

highongaga

i also lost my dad to heart attack about 8 months ago and seeing this movie after it happened so recently hit me really hard when i watched it, it really was an amazing movie :flutter:

YEAHHH BUDDY

Monsieur D
14 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Slightly related note - I told my grandma about the scene with INLA and how Sonja passed just before they shot it. Well a few days after that she was playing music in her bedroom from YouTube and I walked in when I heard the piano version of Joanne and she's just baawwlling saying "I bet she made this version for her friend. What a sweet girl." I just thought that was nice :kara:

Omg so cute. I already like your grandma :heart: 

gypsy101
1 hour ago, Economy said:

My parents would never whatch it cuz it's rated R :air:

My dad has seen rated R movies before without knowing they were like The Matrix :emma:

are your parents under 17 lmao

3 hours ago, Miel said:

Exactly! My grandma absolutely loved the movie, but she doesn’t think she can watch it again because it reminded her too much of what her father, Uncles and brothers all went through.  

Archived