Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The GP don't want CrazyGa back

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

I think I've come to the realization that people became so used to normal Gaga, after Joanne and ASIB.

Her Grammy performance where she acted weird and crazy had everyone puzzled, including people who often praise her. I guess, people forgot this is the woman who wore a meat dress.

Considering that ballads and classy music is where Gaga is finding success nowadays, should she abandon CrazyGa? I think so to be honest. Earlier today, I was reading that Oscar Voter who complained about the performance, and now I was watching this The Guardian critic who pretty much says the same thing (even though he likes Gaga).

I think Gaga's fanbase has switched, and she needs to be aware of that. I don't think she's as popular among gays/teens... Most of those stan Ariana now.

Her new audience is older people now, hence why she does so well with traditional sales. It's the truth.

Unfortunately, I think she should consider that and be aware of her new fanbase.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theahsfan

Thank you nicolasrumet for telling us what the entire population of billions of people, besides stans, think.

I’m not sure how you did it, a huge survey or what, but you must be psychic. 

:vegas:

Chickens in Malibu
2 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Thank you nicolasrumet for telling us what the entire population of billions of people, besides stans, think! I’m not sure how you did it, a huge survey or what, but you must be psychic. 

If I did a huge survey, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have written this under "opinion" :trollga:

FfFfFfFF

I disagree, this is the perfect moment to return to her Crazy self, or a toned-downed version of it. She has the approval of older people and by releasing more dance-y music/ wearing more extravagant outfits she could re-expand her popularity to the youth.

Older people still think of her as "The Crazy lady", that will be forever be attached to her name. They expect her to something shocking at point, that will not be a "total shock" by any means. When that happens people will be way less harsh with her than with, let's say Taylor Swift or Adele.

Plus, if she goes more into a conservative direction she might even risk to loose her core fanbase. Let's not act like older people heard PI and decided to buy Joanne first week and made it debut at #1. :giggle: That's rather the effect of this fanbase.

Gagadonna

I think her grammy performance wasn't so crazy. It was fierce, but not crazy. and from all I've read/heard, people did like it :) 

Personally I ain't here for a Crazy Gaga return either. I've never liked her as much as I have since Joanne 

youandi

I think the kinda of 'crazyga' we can expect for the near future will be the slightly toned down one we saw with Coachella and JWT (interludes/attitude/aesthetic) but honestly, I hate us putting her in this boxes, there's so many layers to what she does, I don't think we can simply catagorise what she does into just normal and crazy 

Chickens in Malibu
5 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

and she can still be "Gaga" while remaining classy/lowkey :

hbz-lady-gaga-tour-gettyimages-828995556 

GettyImages-634976362.jpg 

tumblr_os4fmcpz4U1wnhn3vo1_400.jpg

lady-gaga-0.jpg?width=1000&height=614&fi 

I think this is the balance she needs to strike, outfits wise.

Luke78619

The performance wasn’t really “crazy for me”, but just a bit weird as in weird gestures that didn’t seem to fit what was going on, like at the beginning before she sings and she’s using aggressive hand gestures to the beat :laughga: so many people were like “wtf is Gaga doing” 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

MaryJaneHolland

They just forgot about her. They got used to the tamed down image.

In fact, I believe that if she becomes "crazy" again for the next era, people will embrace it. Back then, she was a very polarizing celebrity and everyone thought it was a gimmick + they got tired of it. Now, she's been lacking that side for years and people are more than aware of her raw talent and she is generally loved by the public, they will love it.

Again, people love her now, they won't just switch on her just because she has shotgun heels or a telephone hat or whatever :vegas:

AlexanderMagno

If whe wants to keep the GP, she needs to turn into Pink. Pop rock radio hits that appeal to adult contemporany audience and still showcase her voice.

nattuggla

I think she will go CrazyGa again but more in terms of The Fame rather than BTW and ARTPOP. 

Imho she will try to balance the Lady and The Gaga part more equally also because she is in her 30s now and wants to tone it down more..... 

Ally Campana

Well first of all, I don’t think she will go back to her outfits from 2008-13 and will be that crazy again solely because of the fact that she has matured so much and is now more classy in her looks. And second of all, I think her next era will be a balance between Lady and Gaga. A CrazyGa but more mature and classy. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

Kinda agree, I feel like if #LG6 is pop and ARTPOP/BTW like, the gp gained from ASIB and Joanne, specially the elders, will be like “What’s this? This is not the Gaga I want” but she can manage to mix Lady + Gaga in a good way. I just want the Rah Rah Bitch back in full force :firega:

Archived