Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

P!nk - Walk Me Home

sarahb

Featured Posts

2School4Cool
7 hours ago, AndiGaga said:

It sounds like Nancy Mulligan, just slower

I adore Nancy Mulligan so any comparison to that is a good comparison for me haha

See The Best In Everyone

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2School4Cool

I love the new song!! Iā€™ve had it on repeat and it gets better with every listen

See The Best In Everyone

Lona Delery

her music since... idk, 2011? just sounds same-y and basic

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Its so frustrating because her voice is amazing but her songs seriously just all sound so similar. Thereā€™s no evolution. And Iā€™m sure at this point she doesnā€™t care anymore so props to herĀ 

Ā 

2School4Cool

I 100%Ā respect allĀ opinions and am not judging anyoneĀ in any way. Iā€™m just genuinely curious why a lot of people think herĀ music has soundedĀ the same for years. Is it the production, melodies,Ā themes? As a massive fan who loves all of her music, I personally see an evolution with each album that represents where she is in her life at that moment, whether thatā€™s reflected in the sounds, lyrics, visuals, etc. To me, this song sounds unlike her past work, so Iā€™m just curious to hear someone explain what exactly they find the same about all of her music. Again, I completely respect everyoneā€™s opinions and we can all agree to disagree :)

See The Best In Everyone

A Hybrid

This sounds like what shouldā€™ve been Joanneā€™s lead if Gaga wanted a hit. I wonā€™t listen to this really, but Gaga couldā€™ve made this hit high in the charts

No familyā€™s safe when I sashay

StrawberryBlond

It's decent, but I expected more what with this out-the-blue release, like she was cooking up something much better than Beautiful Trauma to make up for its lukewarm reception. It looks like it's just going to be more of the same. This song sounds so much like the ten a penny songs sung by guys with acoustic guitars...only it's by a female, so it sounds a bit odd. Hope it's not overly representative of the whole package.

10 minutes ago, ILoveGypsyLife said:

I 100%Ā respect allĀ opinions and am not judging anyoneĀ in any way. Iā€™m just genuinely curious why a lot of people think herĀ music has soundedĀ the same for years. Is it the production, melodies,Ā themes? As a massive fan who loves all of her music, I personally see an evolution with each album that represents where she is in her life at that moment, whether thatā€™s reflected in the sounds, lyrics, visuals, etc. To me, this song sounds unlike her past work, so Iā€™m just curious to hear someone explain what exactly they find the same about all of her music. Again, I completely respect everyoneā€™s opinions and we can all agree to disagree :)

I think it's an exaggeration to say "years" in regards to her actual sound. But in terms of themes, definitely. I like Pink, though definitely more her old work. But one thing that's been bothering me for a good couple of years now is that ever since Funhouse, the vast bulk of her work has been about Carey Hart. Her last three albums were basically all about him and it looks like this new one will be as well. I'm sick to death of hearing her sing about him because it's always the same stuff she has to say - they argue, they fight, but they stay together because they love each other. But for some reason, she feels the need to tell us this over and over. It's like she's lost all the inspiration from her old days because she's a settled wife and mother now. Whether you liked all her old music or not, she dealt with different, interesting themes, particularly on Misundazztood. But she lost so much of her fire after her big f-u anthem, So What. Rebel Pink started to go away to be replaced with this much more santisied version that was more "mature." Beautiful Trauma was the first album of hers that I didn't like, it was so dull and all the songs blended into one, no fire at all. To think she made us wait 5 years for this (and it was a follow-up to the so-so The Truth About Love, at that) was unforgiveable and I just think she's lost something that she can never get back now. She's a great singer and performer and her heart is always in the right place but when it comes to writing, she really likes to stick to her comfort zone and I don't think she's ever truly left it.

Iadore p!nk .. She was my queen before gaga but at this point I've had enough of her music..Ā  She needs to experiment more with her music.Ā  I mean she's extremely talented but she need a different sound .Ā 

I'm thankful that I'm a gaga fan because she's so full of surprises

PatrickMonster

I love her so much and it's a cute song, but I just wanted something more interesting from her. It really sounds like another album track from Beautiful Trauma or something. I miss her crazy tongue-in-cheek pop-rock songs. I guess she just doesn't want to take risks at this point of her career which is completely fine, but I don't think she'll find much success with this. Rooting for her tho.

2School4Cool
41 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I think it's an exaggeration to say "years" in regards to her actual sound. But in terms of themes, definitely. I like Pink, though definitely more her old work. But one thing that's been bothering me for a good couple of years now is that ever since Funhouse, the vast bulk of her work has been about Carey Hart. Her last three albums were basically all about him and it looks like this new one will be as well. I'm sick to death of hearing her sing about him because it's always the same stuff she has to say - they argue, they fight, but they stay together because they love each other. But for some reason, she feels the need to tell us this over and over. It's like she's lost all the inspiration from her old days because she's a settled wife and mother now. Whether you liked all her old music or not, she dealt with different, interesting themes, particularly on Misundazztood. But she lost so much of her fire after her big f-u anthem, So What. Rebel Pink started to go away to be replaced with this much more santisied version that was more "mature." Beautiful Trauma was the first album of hers that I didn't like, it was so dull and all the songs blended into one, no fire at all. To think she made us wait 5 years for this (and it was a follow-up to the so-so The Truth About Love, at that) was unforgiveable and I just think she's lost something that she can never get back now. She's a great singer and performer and her heart is always in the right place but when it comes to writing, she really likes to stick to her comfort zone and I don't think she's ever truly left it.

Thank you for your explanation. In my personal opinion, Beautiful Trauma is arguably her best album to date. Songs like For Now, What About Us, I Am Here, Beautiful Trauma, Barbies, Wild Hearts, etc. are so powerful with beautiful vocals, lyrics, and production. And for me, The Truth About Love is the album that made me a fan of hers and made me go back and learn her older stuff, and it still stands as one of my all time favorite albums. Maybe this is why I was a bit confused, because the stuff GGD doesn't really love is the stuff that made me the major fan I am. But we can all have our own preferences and differingĀ opinions. Thank you for taking the time to answer!

See The Best In Everyone

Archived