Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why HAUS Beauty might not be a good idea

SJAG

Featured Posts

Hi monsters! So lately a lot of rumors about HAUS Beauty are circulating, and I have to say I'm not that excited as I was before...

When the first rumors started spreading out, I was quite interested in it, but now I feel like it would be such a bad idea, and there are a couple of reasons why...

First of all, it's literally impossible thinking  of a singer doing a make-up line without mentioning Rihanna. She entered the community so casually but with such determination that it would have been impossible for her brand to be a flop. Apart from the quality, the shade range was the real reason it was so acclaimed and successful. For being inclusive, FENTY Beauty gained a lot of approval and over $500 million as of 2018.

51028621-116256402805990-5352366557650806337-n.jpg    47583463-267742763902640-5618894587558108266-n.jpg    49907460-350509969124016-1178207548043718287-n.jpg

Images from @fentybeauty, Instagram

My point is that if Rihanna released a boring make-up line with 13 foundation shades and a couple of warm toned palettes, nobody would have cared, but that's not the case. She debuted with something new and FENTY Beauty was named by Time Magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2017.

Now, let's bring the conversation back to HAUS Beauty. In my opinion, if they want it to be successful, they need to make it GAGA. Even though I'm not interested in buying any of the products, I think they should go crazy and be original with it, In other words, there are already plenty of warm toned eye palettes and nude lipsticks on the market and I don't think we need more.

44691801-144600986505403-1419326697288077146-n.jpg    49714203-378447142917503-8638034545797695709-n.jpg    50879463-340534766558790-8566464676163430586-n.jpg

Images from @kkwbeauty, Instagram

To make a comparison, the make-up line has to look more like Jeffree Star Cosmetic, with weird packaging and bright colors (Not saying they have to make a green foundation or whatever) than KKW Beauty, which is literally 300 shades of nudes (no shade, literally)

I know you may have some thoughts about Jeffree Star. He's controversial, problematic and stuff, but his cosmetic line is very interesting and his make-up is always amazing thanks to the great Lipsticknick. Speaking of looking great, Gaga's not exactly known for it, (not really my words) in fact her make-up artist Sarah received a lot of hate lately, which I don't exactly agree with, but I would like to see Gaga work with other people as well as her friends.

44710783-509559329523735-2726356222249800487-n.jpg    33569531-2041196062770630-243086494594498560-n.jpg    26868203-546932969004345-7379679689217933312-n.jpg

Images from @jeffreestar, Instagram

What do you think or hope the direction with HAUS Beauty will be?

I know some of you will be like "stop comparing her to others" or "stop being obsessed with her success" and you're right, but you also know how mean people can be and you know how much she cares about it too.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipper

This was the same thing we said about A Star is Born and it's the fifth remake. 

I learned to roll with her decisions.  

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

giskardsb
2 minutes ago, SJAG said:

n my opinion I think she's not really invested or actually slightly interested in this project and I feel like they're just putting her name on something she doesn't care about. 

There is literally no basis for this.  The investors said she is heavily involved and the fact that it's not just a marketing deal but a business deal involving outside investment would indicate that it's being taken very seriously.

3 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

There is literally no basis for this.  The investors said she is heavily involved and the fact that it's not just a marketing deal but a business deal involving outside investment would indicate that it's being taken very seriously.

I removed that part in the thread, guess I missed it, thank you.

I was simply concerned about her name being used for products she may not even be interested in, I probably explained it poorly, but it's nice to hear she's actually heavily involved with it.

Sarah's makeup is highly acclaimed. Literally EVERY CELEBRITY wants to hire Sarah. The only hate she's getting from is some dumb little monsters :ladyhaha:

Plus, I think Gaga's cosmetic line will be much wider-ranged, including skincare etc.

I just hope they get shade range, ethical/vegan/cruelty free things and quality right, or else she will get dragged. I don’t use makeup and I don’t see the GP getting makeup from Gaga, a skin care line would be a better choice, we will have to wait and see for what they are going for.

I'm excited but hesitant about this! In order for this to work it has to be completely original and that's hard to do in such an already highly-populated industry. However, if someone can bring something new to the table it's Gaga so I have faith that she'll innovate and create something that's never been done before. 

Also if there's any make-up brand out there that I'd love for it to be similar to, it has to be Pat McGrath's make-up line 'PAT McGRATHS LABS' (photos below) - it's inclusive, high fashion, sleek yet edgy, eclectic and the visuals are stunning; everything Gaga is about. 

a4a9b464df44c5589ee77d9.gif  

1536384222652079.gif

pat-mcgrath-labs-lust-004-flesh-lip-kit-

pat-mcgrath-everything.jpg

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

TimisaMonster

I think Gaga needs to make it a hybrid launch...makeup along with facial cleansing, fragrances, and other unique things for the brand. If it's only focused on makeup (which not all of her fans use) she will look reductive and lose a lot of public attention. 

For it to stand out, she needs to showcase a wide range of products that will appeal to both her female AND male fans. I hope she remembers that and I feel if she makes it more about how MEN can also be attractive and take care of themselves, she could open up a new wave of men feeling more comfortable to get into beauty products 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

AMENiCURE

i was lowkey hoping for gaga to make clothing so i could say

i have fenty beauty make up on

katy shoes on

gaga clothes on

a true pop stan

bloody g

It's Lady Gaga. I expect something weird af that no one would ever wear until Gaga wears it :gayhat:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Cloudbusting

I'm just waiting for the promotion and commercials imagine if they are Fame perfume type budget!! I will die also of course she is not coming out with a lipgloss and calling it a day I think she wants to to something different  ( at least I hope so)

That J

I wouldnt worry too much about a line from a woman who once describe a perfume smell as that of "blood and semen"....

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

38 minutes ago, Angelm said:

I just hope they get shade range, ethical/vegan/cruelty free things and quality right, or else she will get dragged. I don’t use makeup and I don’t see the GP getting makeup from Gaga, a skin care line would be a better choice, we will have to wait and see for what they are going for.

Sure they would. Not every person that has bought a Fenty product is a Rihanna fan. What matters is if it’s good quality and gets positive reviews.

Archived