💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Wearing Chanel To Honor Karl At The Oscars?

Gyan

Featured Posts

So the news broke that Karl Lagerfeld died in Paris. And that got me thinking that perhaps Gaga will wear one of his creations for the Oscars this weekend (and ditch her original choice if it wasn't supposed to be Karl's work in the first place). Why? Well for starters, they have been really good friends for the longest time - to the point that Gaga appointed him as one of her "fashion guards" while featuring him in the V Magazine issue she guest-edited.

Spoiler

2a602b2c9a20803510a7df0cc17a1853.jpg

I think she has respected him deeply for years and I'm sure we'll see a social media post dedicated to him very soon.

Spoiler

karl-lagerfeld.jpg?w=576&h=440c53097db38450dd1a3612c80111e6caa.jpg132190339_copy.jpgB_iDNjIWEAIBkal.jpglady_gaga_cover_photoshoot.jpg639618-lady-gaga-et-karl-lagerfeld-tres-ladygagatwitter.png

Another reason why I think so is because the last time she did something like this was when Alaïa died. She was very close to him too, and did a tribute to him by wearing his designs for the AMAs in 2017.

Spoiler

lady-gaga-pays-tribute-to-azzedine-alaia

What do you guys think? If she does, what look(s) do you want her to pick?

monsterdino

Lmfao girl...she probably planned months in advance the dress aslo there is no chanel dress that is red carpet appropriate 

I wouldn't be surprised if she ditched her original choice tbh. Gaga has stated herself in interviews that she has an emotional/immediate reaction to fashion so with Karl passing it's possible she may pay tribute to her dear friend. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

33 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I'm sure her outfit has been planned well in advance, but the pattern would be cute

22 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Lmfao girl...she probably planned months in advance the dress aslo there is no chanel dress that is red carpet appropriate 

She might pull a 2013 Anne Hathaway Valentino/Prada switch :lolly: plus most of the time celebrities have multiple looks to opt out for the big night. They always have an array of backup/alternative choices.

boyerased

She'll probably wear Chanel but maybe not in the red carpets. The logistics are too hard to change, she might piss off another house.

Gagz4Gaga

She should stick with the originally planned dress for the main Oscar event and probably wear Chanel for the after party such as Vanity Fair. It’s high profile as well.

nostalgia’s for geeks

Chuckles

Somehow I was always campaigning for a Chanel gown since the beginning of awards season. I would love a Chanel spectacle but for one it should be custom made cause they're latest couture collections don't have a good fit for awards season.

Would she be able to make it to his memorial service if it is immediately?

Also, the title of this thread is mis-leading.

Watch As I Dive In

She can wear the Marie Antoinette inspired look that Kaia Gerber wore on the Chanel runway. Complete with an ornate hairdo. Imagine the slayage :giveup:

Archived