💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Oscars rant...

KURUSHITOVSKA

Featured Posts

Batwings

What baffles me is that during awards season, BR is getting tons and tons of praise when the reviews were generally mixed, whereas ASIB received amazing reviews and keeps getting snubbed. I admittedly haven't seen the movie and can't really give an opinion on it, but I did hear some people say that Mercury's character was a bit "straight-washed" which really doesn't sit well with me.

I also feel bad that Bradley isn't being recognized as much as he should, but also, keep in mind that he won a Grammy with his debut single while others who have been in the music biz for a long time haven't won a single one.  :vegas:

Guys, remember that in addition to all the stuff Bradley and Gaga are doing in the movie, they are singing in front of the camera, for real, not like in the other movies, people singing in the studio and then use the song during the set to lipsync. It's all real.

And Rami Malek got what..the spirit of Freddie, not telling him the real truth about the director of the movie!!

:fthis:

I'm in complete agreement and I'm genuinely disappointed, as it should.

Bradley poured his heart n' soul in the SIB project and the end result was nothing short of brilliant! 

You'd think they'd recognize half of it!  :cryga:

Davian

I haven’t seen BH yet, so I can’t give my opinion on the acting or the movie in general.

What I can say is that Bradley isn’t getting enough recognition as he should! He did so much in this movie and without him ASIB would not be the glorious film that it is today. I believed every scene in this movie:golfclap: I really hope he will get aleast one win at the oscars because this doesn’t feel right. 

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Doncho

If he actually sang in the movie, people would be MAD since he probably cant match Freddy s vocals. Just let him have this moment. Its clear that he is a great actor. Lip sync or not, he still delivered in this iconic role, so he earned all of his awards.

Of course I want Bradley to win, but honestly Rami deserves it too.

11 hours ago, Kitsch said:

I love Bohemian Rhapsody and Rami Malek, but did you not hear what Gaga said about artists lip-syncing in movies really turning her off? And that Bradley also agreed that music should be sung live in movies?

While i love Gagas work and follow her religiously.. That doesn't mean that i submit to her every word. Come on.. Lets not pretend people here listen to her teachings.. lol.. It would be allot less hateful and dramatic at times if that were the case. 

Gaga4stef

It's shameful BC was overlooked for Best Director.  I don't even know how I can take any of this Oscar stuff seriously this year due to such a blatant mistake.

BR and Rami are overall entertaining, but hardly Oscar worthy imo. ASIB is entertaining, but it is also much more moving on a deeper level. And I disagree with anyone who doesn't think BC's acting was incredible in this role. His portrayal of the main character was on point. His skills take the film to a higher level. Come on, the scenes in rehab and the entire film from that point on were so emotional due to his fine acting. You could feel his pain, remorse, confusion, fear, in every word, movement and facial expression. Actually he is great throughout the film. That is real acting folks. He is so good he makes Gaga look every bit a newcomer. Not that I don't love her and think she was the perfect choice for the role because I do. 

I sincerely hope Sam gets an award for his best supporting role. He's a legend. 

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

Bradley
12 hours ago, Eggsy said:

While i love Gagas work and follow her religiously.. That doesn't mean that i submit to her every word. Come on.. Lets not pretend people here listen to her teachings.. lol.. It would be allot less hateful and dramatic at times if that were the case. 

Thing is it shouldn't matter who said it but what is said, even if someone else said it, singing live in a movie does increase a movie's artistic value considerably.

LilyLark

I've always followed Oscar talk for the past several years and I was really hoping THR wouldn't do their anonymous ballots this year, which tend to be cruel, single out people, and film twitter has often told them to stop publishing them because it almost comes across as bullying. The ones I've seen so for (Indiewire and LA Times) were pretty mild, although there was that petty NYT piece...

But...apparently they are still doing them. And I have a feeling some fans aren't going to handle it well when Gaga likely gets unfairly dragged (nearly every women does) and blow it up on twitter, forget that other people are getting dragged, and get it more traction when stans who like to engage in stan wars catch on. Messy messy messy. 

Whispering

I love Queen and respect Rami as an actor, but this is a part that called for an actor and a singer. Could they not find someone who could do both to take this part? The fact that Malek might win an Oscar for lip syncing to Mercury’s voice seems like a short cut that they rarely allow. His acting was good, but it wasn’t good enough to make up for the lack of singing.

I enjoyed the movie, as well, but it was so far off from what really happened. It isn’t Oscar worthy IMO. 

Archived