Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Oscars rant...

KURUSHITOVSKA

Featured Posts

KURUSHITOVSKA

I'm not the one to say that Bohemian Rhapsody and his actor do not deserve the awards but...

Rami Malek is winning best actor awards after lipsynching to songs and putting fake teeth (they were awful and he never looked like Mercury, specially because Freddie was tall) on his mouth. He had his script and role done, he just had to copy the way someone was. I mean, it's not even a good tribute to the majestic personality of Freddie, go grew some hair on your chest.

1-Peter-Still-20th-Century-Fox.jpg

Bradley is getting nothing after writing songs, performing and singing when he is not even a singer, and has directed the whole movie. No one is valuing that. 

Even at the Oscars, Bradley and Gaga will perform their own song live together (remember that Bradley is not a singer). For Bohemian Rhapsody, they have to invite Queen and Adam Lambert because the actor of the movie could only do a lipsynch battle.

It's just too unfair.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Personally speaking I thought Rami's performance was excellent and I think he totally deserves all his awards this season. Does Bradley deserve recognition? Of course! He is a genius. But being nominated is already a huge honor. I'm not sure I'd even consider him not winning Best Actor a "snub" because personally speaking his performance as an actor was great but what made it outstanding was that he directed, wrote, sang etc...not solely based off of his pure acting performance. I felt like it was the fact that he did all those things at the same time which made his performance impressive... more so then just his actual portrayal of Jackson. But that's just my personal take on it. 

Totally agree with OP. Bradley is getting robbed. I love Gaga. loved the movie like no other in my life, but in my first viewing of seven total, I was struck by how totally Bradley's movie it is.I know for a fact, Gaga would be so ok with not winning any awards if only Bradley would win.

Watch As I Dive In

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, dit said:

Personally speaking I thought Rami's performance was excellent and I think he totally deserves all his awards this season. Does Bradley deserve recognition? Of course! He is a genius. But being nominated is already a huge honor. I'm not sure I'd even consider him not winning Best Actor a "snub" because personally speaking his performance as an actor was great but what made it outstanding was that he directed, wrote, sang etc...not solely based off of his pure acting performance. I felt like it was the fact that he did all those things at the same time which made his performance impressive... more so then just his actual portrayal of Jackson. But that's just my personal take on it. 

Bradley even developed a voice, a character... Rami just copied here and there and without a good result, i've never been a fan of Queen, but people did complain that it looke more like a caricature.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

GypsyBabe

Not gonna shame Rami because he did a fantastic job, but I think the fact that Bradley is being snubbed all around is a shame. Personally I think that learning to sing, play instruments, adjust pitch and tone, writing music for the first time, performing live, developing a unique screenplay off of a previously done story, directing, developing an accent, and starring in one of the best films of the year deserves recognition of some sort. I think what Rami did, which was mimic and copy the mannerisms of an individual was far less difficult than what Bradley gave during ASIB. That’s my honest opinion. 

I’ve been so happy for Gaga to be nominated and win awards for this film, but it actually leaves such a bad taste in my mouth that Bradley, who is very deserving, is being snubbed. 

Perhaps a remake doesn’t carry the same value when it comes to awards regardless of how it was reimagined? Do you know what was not reimagined though, a copycat performance of QUEEN. 

⚯͛

KatieJudasGaga4

I definitely agree with this. Rami was great in it, but his accent in the movie was off at times and it really bothered me seeing the film. Bradley did way better imo.

RAMROD

It is most likely because it is acting award, not music or singing award. So lipping is acceptable, it just how you make a character believable. :shrug:

As for Gaga, she may need to do non musical serious acting, she have a good start with ASIB. But she will proven herself capable if she can do deep acting on non musical motion picture.

We fans know she can, but many out there does not. And Gaga need to show her them exactly that. Since, there are some people being cynical about her roles in ASIB as something tailor made for her. So it is easier for her to do the character. Hence, these people thinks Gaga is undeserving of acting awards just yet, but only awarded for the soundtrack that she sing herself.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It is most likely because it is acting award, not music or singing award. So lipping is acceptable, it just how you make a character believable. :shrug:

Thanks.. while im rooting for ASIB.. This isn't a music Award show. Lip syncing or not means nothing when it comes to acting.. 

You have to think though, it's the Oscars. Most Best Actor winners have "impersonated" someone in real life. They almost never value original characters, even though they might be as brilliant as Jackson Maine.

Tbh, Bradley being snubbed for Director pisses me off more than him losing Best Actor to Rami. Rami really shined in a below average movie.

Bradley

I think to truly judge whether or not someone deserves to win Best Actor, you need to watch all five nominated performances.

Let's not forget Christian Bale, Viggo Mortensen and Willem Dafoe.

Anyway if we're just comparing Rami Malek with Bradley Cooper, I don't think it's inappropriate to award Rami Malek, it's not like he did a bad job. I saw the movie, and while I thought it was mildly boring, and insufficient to be deemed 'an epic biography' for Queen, I thought Rami actually saved the movie. You can hate the direction but you can't hate his performance because the man was amazing in it.

Bradley is amazing in his own way, honestly this is why a lot of actors say that art can never be judged or calibrated, how do you even measure who's better and who's worse? I'm sure no one would complain if Bradley swept all the awards instead of Rami Malek but to say that Rami does not deserve it is a little unfair to him.

Jollibee

Rami did not even look like Freddie in the movie. He's like dressed for a Halloween costume party with ugly costume. 

Bradley
Just now, MEM said:

You have to think though, it's the Oscars. Most Best Actor winners have "impersonated" someone in real life. They almost never value original characters, even though they might be as brilliant as Jackson Maine.

Tbh, Bradley being snubbed for Director pisses me off more than him losing Best Actor to Rami. Rami really shined in a below average movie.

I actually have a lot of respect for actors who manage to get Oscar nominations for portraying fictional characters. I think the Oscars have such a fetish for non-fictional stories and they get nominations so easily. You need to be extraordinarily good to be able to compete with non-fictional portrayals, because as long as the actors look like them, speak like them, it already impresses in the first place, whereas fictional portrayals have to resonate with the audience in order to impress them. To put it simply, precision and style are what non-fictional portrayals look for, and for the other it's emotional resonance with the audience.

I love the fact that three out of five Best Actress nominees got Oscar recognition through fictional portrayals-

Glenn Close as Joan Castleman
Lady Gaga as Ally Maine
Yalitza Aparicio as Cleo

and Jackson Maine is the only fictional character in the Best Actor category.

Bradley
10 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

Thanks.. while im rooting for ASIB.. This isn't a music Award show. Lip syncing or not means nothing when it comes to acting.. 

I love Bohemian Rhapsody and Rami Malek, but did you not hear what Gaga said about artists lip-syncing in movies really turning her off? And that Bradley also agreed that music should be sung live in movies?

Archived