💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My opinion on Avril Lavigne...

ElectricKing

Featured Posts

ElectricKing

Isn't it nice that in a day and age of music where most songs are about sex, boasting about how 'rich' and 'famous' you are, and smoking weed we have songs that can have such an impact on people like this one.... The lyrics in this are so raw, so soul-baring and so damn close to my heart. Also the vocal arrangement and vulnerable performance Avril gives is spine chilling towards the end for sure. Really take a good listen guys if you're after something which has that little bit more...

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for songs that don't take themselves seriously as we all need to chill out and have something light-hearted. BUT this along with 'Head Above Water' are such incredible songs.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno

I haven't listened to her voice in years. Damn, it's a different voice... It has nothing to do with Avril Lavigne. Oh my god.

Yes, it's a nice change from other contemporany "shallow" lyrics, but Avril Lavigne debuted almost 20 years ago and she has been through her "sex" lyrics already.

ElectricKing
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

I haven't listened to her voice in years. Damn, it's a different voice... It has nothing to do with Avril Lavigne. Oh my god.

Yes, it's a nice change from other contemporany "shallow" lyrics, but Avril Lavigne debuted almost 20 years ago and she has been through her "sex" lyrics already.

Some artists who have been in the industry for years and years still sing about sex lmao

misunderstood

how oodayy

but one of my fav songs from the album for sure

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

TheFamousLM

It Was In Me is actually the best song on the album imo.

I like her and her style, the album has some good songs but also several that are pretty basic and not catchy at all. 

I hope she gets a decent hit with I Was In Me or I Fell In Love With The Devil. 

ShockPop

I'm obsessed with birdie from her album.

I keep thinking about being trapped in an abusive relationship trying to escape and eventually suicide. It's hits so hard.

She has had her share of bad decisions sonically but her more serious work has always been just this good.

ElectricKing
8 minutes ago, chun li said:

What?? This song sounds so much like "I'm With You" to me :messga:

I know but I'm talking about the lyrical content

DeleteMyAccount

I mean, I listen to all types of music, so I disagree that most songs are about sex and smoking.

Again, I always encourage people to widen their music intake.

Also......

ElectricKing
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

I mean, I listen to all types of music, so I disagree that most songs are about sex and smoking.

Also......

What do you listen to?

I was talking more about the Hot 100/Top 40 commercial radio hits.

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, PinkPop said:

What do you listen to?

I was talking more about the Hot 100/Top 40 commercial radio hits.

It's just ironic that you were talking about songs that boost about being rich and famous and yet there's this new Avril song about that subject. 

I listen to anything really. 

ElectricKing
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's just ironic that you were talking about songs that boost about being rich and famous and yet there's this new Avril song about that subject. 

I listen to anything really. 

Lmao I referenced two songs from her new album and actually majority of the album is made up of strong-message ballads.

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, PinkPop said:

Lmao I referenced two songs from her new album and actually majority of the album is made up of strong-message ballads.

Yea, we all know that. But it's still ironic. 

Anyway, yes, I listen to all types of music. And truthfully, you'd understand that music isn't so black and white if you did too.

10 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Also......

this song is not representative of the album at all, her label probably forced her to release this in an attempt to get a hit. her album is soooo good omg,

Archived