Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My opinion on Avril Lavigne...

ElectricKing

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

It's refreshing to hear her make her most mature work considering that The Best Damn Thing and her self-titled release put her back a little bit. She had Goodbye Lullaby between them but that was pretty much a forgotten album. This is back to the Avril I fell in love with when she debuted when I was 11, but a grown up version. She's learned how to utilise her newfound femininity with more maturity unlike her overly immature take on becoming more girly with The Best Damn Thing. I always felt annoyed that some fans thought she'd sold out back in the day purely because she wanted to wear pink, dresses and heels. It's like, love changes a lot of people and getting married can turn tomboys into girlie girls. It happened to Xtina and Miley, even Pink to an extent, yet people were not here for it when it happened to Avril. I feel she's always struggled for credibility due to that.

All that aside, I want to know what Chad did to her to inspire songs like Birdie and I Fell In Love With The Devil. She did go so quiet when she was married to him and maybe he was limiting her expression? She's never spoken publicly about what caused their divorce and maybe she's telling us through music?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RochestrMonstr
9 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She did go so quiet when she was married to him and maybe he was limiting her expression? She's never spoken publicly about what caused their divorce and maybe she's telling us through music?

She did say recently in an interview that they are still on very good terms, and he actually even has a writing credit on the new album (on "Warrior").  I feel like she must be digging further back for the inspiration of the more gloomy songs. 

I love Head Above Water!  It's been so long since i've loved an album this much, especially one of Avril's (Goodbye Lullaby was eight years ago, and that was the last album I loved of hers). 

Smother Em Eh

I do like Avril Lavigne. She has made some songs I really like. I haven’t listened to HAW yet tho. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

TheFame Monster
9 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's refreshing to hear her make her most mature work considering that The Best Damn Thing and her self-titled release put her back a little bit. She had Goodbye Lullaby between them but that was pretty much a forgotten album. This is back to the Avril I fell in love with when she debuted when I was 11, but a grown up version. She's learned how to utilise her newfound femininity with more maturity unlike her overly immature take on becoming more girly with The Best Damn Thing. I always felt annoyed that some fans thought she'd sold out back in the day purely because she wanted to wear pink, dresses and heels. It's like, love changes a lot of people and getting married can turn tomboys into girlie girls. It happened to Xtina and Miley, even Pink to an extent, yet people were not here for it when it happened to Avril. I feel she's always struggled for credibility due to that.

All that aside, I want to know what Chad did to her to inspire songs like Birdie and I Fell In Love With The Devil. She did go so quiet when she was married to him and maybe he was limiting her expression? She's never spoken publicly about what caused their divorce and maybe she's telling us through music?

She's still friends with Chad and he actually helped her record this album and Head Above Water specifically, so I don't really know if it's right to say he was limiting her

Archived