💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you believe in Miracles?!

Loopy

Featured Posts

Monsieur D
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

I mean part of me would love it, but there will be a backlash to whoever beats Glenn because she's been snubbed a million times—even Olivia, who rightfully probably deserves it. 

I was thinking the same thing... if Gaga wins (I don't think thats going to happen) there will be a lot hate to her, because Glenn have a lot of support (from the GP), an amazing career and of course the preasure that this could be her last chance to win the Oscar.

LilyLark
4 minutes ago, Mister D said:

I was thinking the same thing... if Gaga wins (I don't think thats going to happen) there will be a lot hate to her, because Glenn have a lot of support (from the GP), an amazing career and of course the preasure that this could be her last chance to win the Oscar.

Yep. Which is kind of ironic, because apparently she's finally getting the musical version of Sunset Blvd. made that she's been trying to get financed forever.  So she might get a "career" Oscar now for a middling film, when it's possible she'll kill it in 2020 in the film version of a role she's made her own on Broadway.

I'm hoping that Glenn wants Gaga tho for the film. I can't remember the name, but the girlfriend/screenwriter reviewer part (the one who criticizes Joe) would be perfect for her.

9 hours ago, SamanthaC said:

I really hope but I just am not thinking it will happen. 

If she doesn’t get the song award I will join in the meltdowns. 

The song award is actually why the Academy will be ok with not recognizing Gaga with the Oscar for Best Actress. But they do not want someone of Glenn's talent going home empty-handed again.

As a matter of fact - whoever gets the nod for the Best Song category draws the lucky prize - they get to announce Gaga, hug/kiss gaga, accompany Gaga backstage....

eta: Wait - WHAT? Serena Williams?

BTW - great thread!

Watch As I Dive In

5 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Yep. Which is kind of ironic, because apparently she's finally getting the musical version of Sunset Blvd. made that she's been trying to get financed forever.  So she might get a "career" Oscar now for a middling film, when it's possible she'll kill it in 2020 in the film version of a role she's made her own on Broadway.

I'm hoping that Glenn wants Gaga tho for the film. I can't remember the name, but the girlfriend/screenwriter reviewer part (the one who criticizes Joe) would be perfect for her.

This is great info, thank you for posting.  But "middling" film? Did you see it? I liked it alot.

Watch As I Dive In

38 minutes ago, MEM said:

@Loopy I have been thinking about Cher's win ever since ASIB came out. I do believe in miracles. I stand with you :vegas:

Now DATS, What Loopy's talkin' about, RIGHT THERE! :heart::heart:

United we Slay, Divided we Pray !!

SharkmanthaC

But you know none of us expected Joanne to win and it did. We had an entire thread dedicated to the fact that it wouldn’t win. 

she/her/hers

6 hours ago, LilyLark said:

I mean part of me would love it, but there will be a backlash to whoever beats Glenn because she's been snubbed a million times—even Olivia, who rightfully probably deserves it.  There's a small chance that Glenn and Olivia split the vote, but that's very rare.

I don't know about backlash, honestly, because the GP actually like Gaga, Olivia and Glenn and I don't think any of them would knife each other if they lost so there isn't a good press narrative to feed people with worms in their brains. I feel like A Star is Born and The Wife are in unusual positions as far oscar baity films go, where they could've just been a massive summer movie (with the original asib date) and a great adult orientated film, respectively, but people genuinely like them and that's why they're getting attention. We're not talking about Bradley losing to Rami or Christian, which is a nightmare. If Gaga did win, I think people would be surprised because she is the GP favorite at least in terms of box office, but also the underdog, and that would displace a lot of the expected negative reactions. Stans might use Glenn to sh*t on Gaga, but normal people would just be like 'Oh, cool! I liked A Star is Born!' 

31 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

But you know none of us expected Joanne to win and it did. We had an entire thread dedicated to the fact that it wouldn’t win. 

IA. Not only is Gaga winning Pop solo and duo in the same year such a massive career achievement, but the general lack of controversy made me realize people never throw a fit when Gaga wins awards, and actually would prefer Gaga win in situations where there's a clear front runner like Ed Sheeran. Everyone was just fine with JWDYTYG winning Best Pop Solo over NTLTC and (in Swift's dreams) Delicate, despite never hearing the song :triggered: and I think that speaks to people just generally liking Gaga at the moment. 

That J

I love the look on Sally Kirkland's face (the woman who's under Cher). You can tell she really wants it and when "Cher" was said, she nearly got lost in a quick eye roll.  Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Shipper
4 minutes ago, That J said:

I love the look on Sally Kirkland's face (the woman who's under Cher). You can tell she really wants it and when "Cher" was said, she nearly got lost in a quick eye roll.  Lol

You won't get honest people like that anymore.  Everyone has a poker face on now... Well---Except Linda Perry.  Lol (I'm referring to the Linda Perry interview at the grammys red carpet.) 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

19 minutes ago, That J said:

I guess its because she had scooped the Golden Globe for this category a month before, she probably figured she had a foot in the door for the big one! Can't blame her I guess ;)

I think it is so ridiculous how everyone is predicting Glenn is gonna win because she has never won

I have never won an Oscar, maybe I should win Best Actor this year :neyde:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived