💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

EW: ASIB's deeper message explained: Don't be 'Shallow'

Varo Yan

Featured Posts

Varo Yan

A Star Is Born's deeper message explained: Don't be 'Shallow'

What makes a star? Is it the ability to impress drag queens with painted-on eyebrows and a rendition of “La Vie En Rose”? Is it one’s twerking ability or sex appeal? Is it that certain je ne sais quoi factor? Or is it a singer’s ability to traverse those emotionally raw places and return with something genuine to say?

As we approach the 91st Academy Awards ceremony, Entertainment Weekly partnered with The Take to bring you a series of videos diving into the awards contenders, starting with A Star Is Born, which has a hot take on that central question posed earlier.

The characters may change, but the story remains. This time, as Bradley Cooper directs himself and Lady Gaga in the latest remake of A Star Is Born, Gaga portrays Ally, an aspiring singer-songwriter getting by as a waitress. One night, as she performs “La Vie En Rose” at a local drag queen bar, she finds famous country star Jackson Maine (Cooper) sitting in her audience. The moment compels Jackson to learn more about Ally and eventually put her on stage.

AND MOSTLY YOU SHOULD WATCH THE VIDEO:

https://ew.com/oscars/2019/02/17/a-star-is-born-message-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-article 

WildAmerican
6 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

doesnt really make that much sense but slé:vegas:

it does, but go off i guess...:triggered:

PunkTheFunk
43 minutes ago, Varo Yan said:

What makes a star? Is it the ability to impress drag queens with painted-on eyebrows and a rendition of “La Vie En Rose”? Is it one’s twerking ability or sex appeal? Is it that certain je ne sais quoi factor? Or is it a singer’s ability to traverse those emotionally raw places and return with something genuine to say?

It's TABS

tumblr_petjfuH62i1rmsj32o1_400.gif

OT: Great video btw :applause:

AMENiCURE
2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

it does, but go off i guess...:triggered:

i just watched the video and i get the message now:vegas:

wow that video truly captured the greatness/depth of the film.

The part where the narrator talks about how the white lights during 'I'll never love again' symbolise when ally is no longer hiding behind jackson's sound or her own popstar persona; she basically dives to the deepest part and becomes her most authentic-self hence a star is born.

Matty Libatique (cinematographer) is truly a cinematic genius and deserves more credit!

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

gagzus

I really loved this, and it also kinda made me understand Gaga a bit better in the sense of her 'pop persona' verses 'stefani' and why Joanne really is her best record. (I know that's a little off topic but it correlates)

Trxstan

This is the full video btw if anyone is interested. LOVE the commentary

woop hey there keep scrolling

Archived