šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Born This Way Cover

Sweet Olive

Featured Posts

Sweet Olive

Born_This_Way_album_cover.png

Won't lie, I used to prefer the Deluxe version cover. The Standard one felt a bit awkward.

But having in mind theĀ meanings ofĀ that imagery, IĀ started appreciating it a lot.

That grainy-a*s Deluxe cover is stealing the spotlight to the good sis motorcycle!

What are your thoughts?

Didymus

I ****ing love this cover. Ok, the font is off so I would've liked that to be different but I adore the overall idea and I never understood why people like that deluxe cover :air: It's such an odd close-up and it wasn't even sharp :awkney:

I love this 80s throwaway vinyl vibe. Like a trashy glam metal record no one listened to but got a cult following. Which I know is exactly the vibe she was going for. And the album even sounds like it, sort of. So I thought it was a perfect match between the visuals and the sound.

messybottom

I prefer the deluxe cover, but this one is just as badass.Ā :gaycat:

PerfectGUY

me too

I first liked the deluxe one more bc I thought was more pretty

But the standard one is def more iconic, has more style, and more meaning

The Enigmatic

It's iconicĀ 

but creeps the hell out of me snssjsjsj

Ā 

I am having my ARTPOP moment

When it first got revealed I hated it but as soon as the album leaked I completely understood it. It basically embodies the album perfectly.Ā 

IAmNotHere1997

The deluxe one is horrible

this one is just...ugh...it's perfect...and reflects the music...I love it so much...I want it framed when I'll buy my house

RAMROD

The cover is iconic and one of a kind.

Nobody of her peers that had big break atĀ the same timeĀ does this but Gaga and why she is not basic. Her decisions may be hard to swallow at times, but she almost always chooses the right things. It's not her fault that some of her fans are basic and wanted pretty cover just like everybody does. Lots of them grew up in society that values being fit in than being someone or something unique. I appreciate that Gaga challenged their senses and taste this much. Not many pop stars do this.

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

bluemonkey

Itā€™s a choice.Ā :oprah:

I didnā€™t expect a pretty cover, I thought Gaga would be riding on a motorcycle not become one. Itā€™s a little unsettling for me and people saying itā€™s an homage to the glam rock days, I donā€™t think they morph themselves into motorbikes. It veers almost into comical like Sheā€™s a PokĆ©mon character and sheā€™s saying ā€œGaga. Gaga. Ra Ra Ra!ā€ With that expression.Ā Still my least favorite cover of hers. It just looks random.Ā 

I loved it then, and I love it now.

I remember being shocked in the best way possible when she released the cover during one of the spring 2011 MB shows. There was so much mania in the fanbase, and I just couldn't believe it. Third album in (some even consider it second), just rearing into her newly flourishing career, and Gaga didĀ this? I couldn't help but laugh- it was such a bold move.

I know a lot of her explanations regarding it were weirdly serious, but what I love the most about that album cover (and album "era") was its odd and peculiar penchant for humor and comic.

3 points in and ready for more

derpmonster
1 hour ago, bluemonkey said:

Itā€™s a choice.Ā :oprah:

I didnā€™t expect a pretty cover, I thought Gaga would be riding on a motorcycle not become one. Itā€™s a little unsettling for me and people saying itā€™s an homage to the glam rock days, I donā€™t think they morph themselves into motorbikes. It veers almost into comical like Sheā€™s a PokĆ©mon character and sheā€™s saying ā€œGaga. Gaga. Ra Ra Ra!ā€ With that expression.Ā Still my least favorite cover of hers. It just looks random.Ā 

It was the beginning of the "hybrid" concept she developed further in ARTPOP.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived