Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

X Factor UK cancelled after 15 years, to be replaced with All-Stars format

Supersonic

Featured Posts

FentyGa
50 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

So celebs competing? That actually sounds intriguing 

it'll probably be people like Cher Lloyd, Rita Ora, Nicole Sherzinger and Ziezie lol

TimisaMonster

15 years isnt bad tho...better than American Idol 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Gimme More

I liked x factor, i am gutted about this.

They should of just put out a separate show like this.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

RAMROD

All Stars? I suppose One Direction will reunite then? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Haroon

Oh wow, didn't think this would ever actually happen :omg: Haven't watched it for like a few years now though, and that was after a few year gap already :emma: Not that it was boring or anything, it was entertaining but it got a bit hard to keep up with for me :sweat: 

RAMROD

Was Leona lewis the first champ of this show? Or was she a champ from Pop Idol which was also popular worldwide with (x country) Idol? 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

27monster27
19 hours ago, Economy said:

So celebrities will compete with eachother like dancing with the Stars?

While it's cool in a way we all know ppls votes will be influenced by fans. That's the issue with celebrity competitions where the public can vote

Not to mention stan wars. :saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga:

he/him/his

StrawberryBlond

Wow, I never thought he'd actually give up on it. I thought the contract was renewed recently, if anything, to 2022.

In case any of the international members (or even those too young to remember) are unaware, this idea was already done before on X Factor, back in 2006, called X Factor: Battle Of The Stars. It was a bunch of British C-list and Z-list celebrities singing popular songs and the public would vote for their favourites. Not to win a music contract or anything, just a bit of fun for a Saturday night. The likes of Gillian McKeith (the tv nutrionist) and Rebecca Loos (rumoured mistress of David Beckham at the time) did it. It was a trainwreck, people made fun of it and Simon canned it all after just one season, calling it pointless. He said in 2018 that he'd consider reviving it for a charity special but it looks now that he's going to make it a proper primetime fixture, though God only knows why.

There were previous shows after this on UK tv like Soapstar Superstar (where soap actors sang for votes) and Popstar To Operastar (where mainstream singers learned to sing opera and sang for votes) but all of them flopped and didn't last long. The whole concept is dated and it's nowhere similar to the singing version of Strictly. When celebrities are taught to dance by professionals on Strictly, they're dancing to original routines. On X Factor, it's just glorified karaoke, there's no originality or anything new to see, so people got bored. Wonder how much longer the other Simon Cowell production, The Greatest Dancer, will last? He never lets go of ideas even when everyone else has.

Archived