šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

A Star Is Born DVD Song Edit?

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

Rolodex of Hate

I've just bought the A Star Is Born DVD today from Sainsbury's (UK) and I'm not sure if this a national thing, but all the songs are definitely sped up or at a higher pitch than they really are. Has anyone else noticed this? Don't think it's my DVD player as this seems to only affect the songs and not the spoken scenes :confused:

We have no legal choice but to stan

monketsharona

I downloaded it (don't come at me I'll buy it when it'll be out) and I had the same impression. The singing parts seem more 'polished' in my opinion

Phaye Monster

I definitely noticed this too. It was really obvious in Heal Me Ā 

I donā€™t know if itā€™s a British thing or not but I like an American show and when they brought it over to the UK all the voices were higher pitched and sounded kind of weird, either that or they just edited the songs slightly to make them faster or something?

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

numb the flame

Omg thank you itā€™s not just me and my boyfriend who have heard the voices being higher than it was in the cinema and the soundtrack! I thought we both just got dodgy copies but it seems to be an all round UK problem? Maybe we should tweet Warner and ask them why...

Luke78619

Yeah I bought it yesterday (in a Sainsburyā€™s too lol) and imediately noticed this on ALL of the songs idk why theyā€™d do it :laughga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

WhiteShadow90

I think it has something to do with the framerate.

European DVD's are at 25 frames/sec, when the original movie is at 23,796 frames/sec (or something like that)..It's literally sped up a bit... I often noticed that on tv shows too..

You'll notice it too, when you look at the runtimes of US DVDs and European DVDs. They tend to be different even though it's the same movie.....

That's where the different standards come in - US -NTSC / Europe and UK - PAL

sadly the labels don't apply any pitch correction in most cases :(

Glamourpuss

Is it really bad? I mean does it ruin the experience? It's put me off wanting to buy it.Ā :noparty:

Rolodex of Hate
19 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

Is it really bad? I mean does it ruin the experience? It's put me off wanting to buy it.Ā :noparty:

I wouldn't say ruin the experience because I really enjoy the film, but it really annoyed me like I couldn't not focus on the higher pitch ahah

We have no legal choice but to stan

Glamourpuss
7 minutes ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

I wouldn't say ruin the experience because I really enjoy the film, but it really annoyed me like I couldn't not focus on the higher pitch ahah

AwwĀ :noparty:Ā 

That's disappointing. I can tell it's going to annoy me, I'm really finicky with that sort of thing.Ā 

Supersonic
34 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

I didnā€™t notice it with the Blu-Ray

I think it might be a DVD problem specifically, not a Blu-Ray one.

Archived