Grammys 2020  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

• Diggin' My Grave
    • Music to My Eyes
    • I Don't Know What Love Is

Featured Posts

Flu Symptom

Which one of these ASIB songs would you submit OR has the best chance of winning Best Pop Duo/Group Performance next year?

Bradley

Music to My Eyes.

Bradley delivers an amazing verse, but as soon as Gaga opens her mouth and makes an entrance:

"Your voice is quite a view"

tenor.gif?itemid=10547364

FfFfFfFF

I'll Never Love Again (the feature version, of course) is the duet with the most chances. They should submit it.

I wonder if Diggin' My Grave, my favorite out of these is eligible for ''some country duet'' nomination, but yeah it's not happening, they wouldn't let a song by a pop star get nominated.

FentyGa

digging my grave deserves
inna and art deserve song and record
sib deserves album
we'll probably only get one or two for the full album, I doubt we'll win for any specific songs, but ya never know

FentyGa
44 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I'll Never Love Again (the feature version, of course) is the duet with the most chances. They should submit it.

I wonder if Diggin' My Grave, my favorite out of these is eligible for ''some country duet'' nomination, but yeah it's not happening, they wouldn't let a song by a pop star get nominated.

well taylor gets noms
beyoncé got a rock nomination
you never know

JustAnother
47 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Gaga won a traditional pop, aka jazz, Grammy.

FfFfFfFF
4 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

Gaga won a traditional pop, aka jazz, Grammy.

True, but let's not forget C2C also had Tony. 

Country voters are specifically are a more ''closed-minded'' and conservative, and they are in general very sceptic towards singers that are not country singers. Beyonce submited her song ''Daddy Issues'' for the 2017 Grammys for Country categories but it got rejected, sadly I think this would be Gaga's faith too.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/beyonces-country-song-daddy-lessons-rejected-by-grammys-119339/

JustAnother
5 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

True, but let's not forget C2C also had Tony. 

Country voters are specifically are a more ''closed-minded'' and conservative, and they are in general very sceptic towards singers that are not country singers. Beyonce submited her song ''Daddy Issues'' for the 2017 Grammys for Country categories but it got rejected, sadly I think this would be Gaga's faith too.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/beyonces-country-song-daddy-lessons-rejected-by-grammys-119339/

To be fair, DMG is an awesome country song. Like it actually sounds like a country song, and not some country-pop-etc. The fact that Lukas Nelson co-produced it would probably help too. Idk, just my thoughts. Also if Gaga can please metal fans, she can please country fans too. 

FfFfFfFF
20 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

well taylor gets noms
beyoncé got a rock nomination
you never know

Taylor debuted as country artist and rock is more permeable category than country, but in the end nobody knows. It would be a welcomed surprise if it happens, just like it was with Joanne getting a nom AND winning. 

FfFfFfFF
Just now, JustAnother said:

To be fair, DMG is an awesome country song. Like it actually sounds like a country song, and not some country-pop-etc. mess. The fact that Lukas Nelson co-produced it would probably help too. Idk, just my thoughts. Also if Gaga can please metal fans, she can please country fans too. 

''Daddy Issues'' is very country-sounding too. You can give it a listen not only to make an idea but because it's genuinely a great song. 

We'll see though. 

JustAnother
8 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

''Daddy Issues'' is very country-sounding too. You can give it a listen not only to make an idea but because it's genuinely a great song. 

We'll see though. 

Daddy Lessons? :ally: I just gave it a second listen and to be honest, you’re right. Maybe it was just a one time case though. Maybe the Grammys was tired of giving her so many awards :huntyga: Idk. But unless there’s a theme of pop stars being denied a nom for country then I wouldn’t be concerned about it. 

Flu Symptom

Gaga would for sure get nominated for a country category or even rock but a win would be a miracle for any of these songs. She's dealing with a whole different group of voters. Hopefully they are Joanne and ASIB stans :sure:

Archived