question

How did Gaga lose to "This Is America"?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PetiteMonstre

Honestly as much as I love her and would have been happy about Shallow winning, TIA definitely deserved it. It has a really raw and powerful message that was punctuated even more beautifully with the video, and addresses really hot-button issues in the US right now. Similarly, last year I was rooting more for "Praying" over "Million Reasons" considering its role as being an anthem for surviving and processing the trauma of sexual assault. 

Like, Gaga has already won a number of Grammys so I don't put a whole lot of stock into her wins now at this point in the game. I care significantly more about opportunities that might not come around again, such as the Academy awards. 

It's very rare that I say this, but I do agree with the Grammy choice for this one. 

TIA doesn’t works without the video, the song is a mess, is just for Grammy voters to brag about their “wokeness”, without the video the song is bland. Shallow has an amazing production, lyrics and vocals, it deserved every single award.

This Is America is the only song released last year that made an impact on the country, not just the radio. It deserved every award it won.

My name isn't Timmers

Archived