Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Gaga lose to "This Is America"?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk but giving it Donald was a bad idea, he has an ego bigger than Kanye's entire head and now it will just get worse. 

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Gracious Gaga

This is America was a dumb song and the video was cringey I hated watching childish gambeno dancing like that LOL

♥ Kindness Police.

You'd think the Producers would call the guy and give him a couple of hints to drag his lil' butt to the show considering they were giving him both SOTY and ROTY, this was honestly so awkward!

LilyLark

I suspect part of it was the message of the song considering all of the **** that is going on right now in the world. Like Donald Glover is very talented and it's a good song, but there were stronger tracks on his own album and Brandi, Gaga, and Kendrick all had stronger songs imo. And I remember when the album first came out, the song wasn't one of the ones he was getting props for and the praise only came after the music video. But the message resonates right now; like I remember listening to it  on occasion in the past few months and it hit me more than it did when it was first released.

As others said on the thread, I'm more pissed about Gaga losing to Ed Sheeran.

RAMROD

How can't you know? Or are you just refuse to acknowledge its achievement?

It is a song released in the right time and got plenty attention for it.

The message in it are relevant to political situation right now. Plus, the song was composed well. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

6 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

I wish she had a better manager who helps her make these decisions.

Girl shut up

misunderstood

Even though I'll forever say This Is America is saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW but of course it's praised for somehow being "woke" even though it's literally a majority opinion and not shocking AT ALL. Only reason it's shocking is cause the video imo. :shrug:.

It was deserved I guess consider what Record of the Year means.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

KatieJudasGaga4
5 hours ago, VenusBlackStar said:

This is America is a really good song tho and Gambino has consistently put out great creative work that gets good critical and commercial success. I'm not mad at all he won over her because at least she lost to a worthy competitor, unlike last year when Million Reasons and a bunch of other strong, impactful songs lost to a formulaic Ed Sheeran bop

5 hours ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

We have to remember that This Is America is a controversial song that's message was more powerful than Shallow's. I think that it deserved the award just as much as Shallow did, if not more. I'm not upset by it, and we shouldn't be either. She still won 3 fcking Grammys!

5 hours ago, Alan123 said:

Dude, that's the song that deserved it the most in my opinion, both Song and Record of the Year. Of course it'd have been amazing to see Shallow get one of those but it is what it is and it still managed to get 2 wins + Joanne.

But, the thing is, "Shallow" had a way better produced song. Record of The Year means the performing artist, the producer, recording engineer and/or mixer for that song. Not the "meaning" of the song. While TIA did have a better meaning, Childish Cambino did not perform the song better than Gaga in Shallow imo. 

Taylorrgh
5 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

This is America was a dumb song and the video was cringey I hated watching childish gambeno dancing like that LOL

then you clearly didn't understand the message behind the song and video

bluemonkey
23 minutes ago, chipz said:

It's not fair she's always loosing the biggest categories. She deserves more recognition from the Academy!

There have been many musicians that have been snubbed their entire lives only to be recognized years later like Jimi Hendrix who is now a legend. She’s still hella young and have a long way ahead of her, you can start bitching when she’s Glenn Close’s age and still continue getting snubbed. 

PlanetChromatica

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, go, go away

Song and Record of the year :vegas:

Archived