đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Gaga lose to "This Is America"?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

How do you explain this...

Is Gaga still too controversial to win in the General Field? She lost AoTY three times and against all odds lost again yesterday. She clearly has a strong following in the Pop Voters, since she won two there yesterday. But do the other pop voters who didn't vote for her, switch to Gambino instead in Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year?

I think yesterday's performance will continue to make her polarizing, since old white dudes won't like that "Gaga" again. I think she should've done I'll Never Love Again, and have AoTY on lock for next year.

I wish she had a better manager who helps her make these decisions. She doesn't always make the right decisions, but there's probably no one around her to give her counsel. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teawhore

this is america is so much more controversial than shallow sis

♡ nyc ♡

Gypsy Life

Grammy voting closed Jan 9th, so all the recent hype with Critics Choice win, Oscars nom, Vegas performance didn't contribute. Also most voters probably also submitted their votes before the Golden Globes win. It lost out on a lot of key moments.

JustAnother

“Old white dudes” didn’t have a problem with her Metallica performance, y’all gotta chill with the whole identity politics mess

Just now, Lo Lee Ta said:

This. 

Chickens in Malibu
1 minute ago, Lo Lee Ta said:

But Gambino isn't as an artist. He appeals to white voters. He's an emmy winner, producer, comedian etc..

Catnikko

well i don't like the song or video but we can't forget the gay pop forum fans represent a tiny amount of what people want atm and I guess the stance of the song helped it because of it's message,

Actual patient

KatieJudasGaga4

Shallow got more hype after voting ended. Like with the Critics Choice Win and Oscar Nomination. Yes, it won a Golden Globe, but people had already sent their votes in.

VenusBlackStar

This is America is a really good song tho and Gambino has consistently put out great creative work that gets good critical and commercial success. I'm not mad at all he won over her because at least she lost to a worthy competitor, unlike last year when Million Reasons and a bunch of other strong, impactful songs lost to a formulaic Ed Sheeran bop

joannesrats

We have to remember that This Is America is a controversial song that's message was more powerful than Shallow's. I think that it deserved the award just as much as Shallow did, if not more. I'm not upset by it, and we shouldn't be either. She still won 3 fcking Grammys!

21 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

I think yesterday's performance will continue to make her polarizing, since old white dudes won't like that "Gaga" again.

Gurl, I outta :interestinga:

Anderson123

Dude, that's the song that deserved it the most in my opinion, both Song and Record of the Year. Of course it'd have been amazing to see Shallow get one of those but it is what it is and it still managed to get 2 wins + Joanne.

Economy

All I know is I liked most songs nominated for that category EXEPT that one...

So I was flabbergasted that it won :grr:

Archived