• Created
  • Last Reply
Andreu
1 hour ago, ReginaGeorge said:

And maybe LG6 for 2 nominations in total :huntyga:

LG6 coming before the end of september? I love your optimism gurl :poot:

Economy
5 hours ago, chipz said:

It's not fair she's always loosing the biggest categories. She deserves more recognition from the Academy!

Getting nominated is already recognition and she's been nominated for the big categories multiple times

With all the content that's released every year the chances of getting even nominated are low the chances of winning even lower

The fact that she already has 9 Grammys shows she is recognized by the academy a lot

She already has more Grammys than past female legends like Madonna, Cher, Britney Spears, Witney Huston

4 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said:

Lion king soundtrack says hi 

Aladdin is the bigger threat. Pasek and Paul (La La Land, The Greatest Showman, Dear Evan Hansen) are writing it.

4 hours ago, ArtyRoberto said:

Can an album of covers win AOTY? :gaycat:

Aladdin and Lion King soundtracks will only contain a few original tracks, the rest will be new.

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
11 hours ago, Lo Lee Ta said:

this is america is so much more controversial than shallow sis

The award should be Best controversial songn of the year instead... cuz lyrically im so hola yeah im so hola yeah

MaryJaneHolland
11 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

I think yesterday's performance will continue to make her polarizing, since old white dudes won't like that "Gaga" again.

Seriously? It's not as deep as people think it it :selena: 

Those "old white dudes" gave Poker Face, The Fame, Bad Romance and TFM a Grammy, so they are here for 'Gaga' as well :selena: 

What's with people here being so sensitive lately about her image ruining her chance at award shows? At this point, everyone knows that Gaga can be very theatrical and "gimmicky", but has all the talent to back that up. :selena:

LordEnigma
12 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

But Gambino isn't as an artist. He appeals to white voters. He's an emmy winner, producer, comedian etc..

Ummm I disagree. “Awaken, My Love!” And “Because The Internet” do not appeal to white voters OR This Is America.

giskardsb

The TIA song/video combination was a powerful combination though, and deserved recognition.  It addresses real issues. It would have been difficult for academy voters to skip over TIA in favor of Shallow given the current political climate, diversity push, and "woke" social climate.  They want to award those who they perceive as trying to make a difference, if just to make themselves feel better, or even because they might be afraid of social media backlash if they don't.  I think it's going to be difficult for a few years for non-political songs to win anything over politically charged message songs, even if the standard songs are objectively better songs.

gumzy3000

I think This is America won because it’s a song with a very controversial and important message. The Grammy’s are known to award songs and albums that showcase contemporary issues in society and the world. 

trolly troll troll

I think it's interesting how so many are unhappy about TIA winning but no one seems to be mentioning how it was accused of plagiarism again as well.

alextruper17
21 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

She's coming for AOTY next year with the soundtrack, don't worry

74089125-c4a3-46bc-8846-4206b10e74f5.gif

Was only Shallow.jpg eligible? 

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

LordEnigma
2 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

I think This is America won because it’s a song with a very controversial and important message. The Grammy’s are known to award songs and albums that showcase contemporary issues in society and the world. 

Sometimes.

Wish they would pay attention to ALBUMS with contemporary issues. That Kacey Musgraves album is ummm, a choice... and TSwift two time AOTY winner :huntyga:

Archived