Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Gaga lose to "This Is America"?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

I don’t like the song but undeniably giving it both big awards shows the GRAMMYs are taking diversity very seriously now (or trying to) and that has been their main image problem of recent years, plus Gags won 3 anyway... so not exactly disappointed 

heauxmatica

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luna Lovegood
6 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

She's coming for AOTY next year with the soundtrack, don't worry

74089125-c4a3-46bc-8846-4206b10e74f5.gif

Lion king soundtrack says hi 

luna’s advocate

PlanetChromatica
7 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

Lion king soundtrack says hi 

Can an album of covers win AOTY? :gaycat:

Lord Temptation

Because - according to Childish Gambino herself - he went to skool with people :derpga: who were less talented than him :reductive:

Luna Lovegood
46 minutes ago, ArtyRoberto said:

Can an album of covers win AOTY? :gaycat:

wait is it really gonna be covers? If so thank GOD 

luna’s advocate

7 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

How do you explain this...

Is Gaga still too controversial to win in the General Field? She lost AoTY three times and against all odds lost again yesterday. She clearly has a strong following in the Pop Voters, since she won two there yesterday. But do the other pop voters who didn't vote for her, switch to Gambino instead in Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year?

I think yesterday's performance will continue to make her polarizing, since old white dudes won't like that "Gaga" again. I think she should've done I'll Never Love Again, and have AoTY on lock for next year.

I wish she had a better manager who helps her make these decisions. She doesn't always make the right decisions, but there's probably no one around her to give her counsel. 

MUSIC NOT THE BLING!

who cares? She won 3 out of 5. Be satisfied with the wins, she clearly is.

PlanetChromatica
2 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

Circle of Life, Hakuna Mutata and all that jazz...

1 hour ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

But, the thing is, "Shallow" had a way better produced song. Record of The Year means the performing artist, the producer, recording engineer and/or mixer for that song. Not the "meaning" of the song. While TIA did have a better meaning, Childish Cambino did not perform the song better than Gaga in Shallow imo. 

And that is all it is, ‘your opinion” :ohwell:

guyzplzstaph

I like This is America, but how is it possible that everyone suddenly forgot that it is kind of a rip-off of American Pharaoh? That's what's bugging me tbh, that they chose a song that's not exactly original.

MonsterOfSpain

America's moral hipocrisy and the need to award "socially-woke" stuff so they don't feel bad about their racist/unequal society :triggered:

1 hour ago, brizoda said:

Because This Is America is against Trump

This is all poltitics

Its not about trump, its about something waaaay bigger than trump!

8 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

No, there are also going to be original songs on there. Elton John & Beyoncé are working together on the soundtrack. 

MonsterOfSpain
1 hour ago, brizoda said:

Because This Is America is against Trump

This is all poltitics

I agree, it amazes me how politized everything is in the US, like bringing out Michelle Obama on stage :triggered: I like her but it honesty looked like a Democratic Party convention. 

MonsterOfSpain
11 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

I think it doesn't matter whether if it's covers or not... But I doubt that soundtrack will have anything on ASIB, both in quality and commercially talking.

Guillaume Hamon

Well it's quite obvious "This is america" partly won for its message.

Gambino had more well received tracks than this one yet TIA was the nominated one. Many songs from other artists were more critically acclaimed than TISA but didn't get a nod.

They often give awards to songs for their message even if it's supposed to be ceremonies awarding "musical excellence". It could profits to gaga one day as well lol.

Archived