Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Will she ever win a goddamn GF Grammy?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

She never really stood a chance with her three AOTY nominations save for maybe TFM, so I'm not bitter about that. Same goes for Poker Face in ROTY and SOTY.

She was the odds-on favorite to win ROTY and SOTY for Bad Romance, but was blocked from nominations by the Blue Ribbon Panel. Same thing happened last year with MR for SOTY.

This year, finally, the stars seemed to be aligned for her. The Blue Ribbon Panel, for once, didn't screw her over. Shallow was universally beloved across listeners of all genres. It was supposed to have benefited from the full support of pop/AC/country voting blocs. Yet it somehow managed to lose to a rap song, despite the intense internal competition within the hip-hop voting bloc. If it hadn't been for the 900 new members invited into NARAS this year (and more from the last few years) specifically for diversity purposes, it probably would've won.

If she couldn't win with this level of momentum, will she ever? I can't see it get any easier from here as NARAS continues to double down on the diversity initiatives.

Andreu
7 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

Bad Romance, but was blocked from nominations by the Blue Ribbon Panel.

whaaat??

Andreu
Just now, dynamite said:

What's a "GF" Grammy?

general field, as in record of the year for example. not pop something

DutchHooker

It's always better than winning 0 grammy's a.k.a. Katy Perry :oops:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Doncho

Honestly I dont know. I mean, she is just 10 years into her career... she still have time. As long as she keeps winning Grammys Im fine though :vegas:

She will one day..

Can we just support the winners even if we don't like the songs/albums and and we are a bit bitter? yesterday was all about being united with music, so let's just do it.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

JustAnother
1 minute ago, DutchHooker said:

It's always better than winning 0 grammy's a.k.a. Katy Perry :oops:

I still have no idea why she has no Grammys. They obviously have a negative biased for her.

Ryusei
5 minutes ago, dynamite said:

What's a "GF" Grammy?

Hide contents

Gluten Free? :trollga:

girlfriend grammy :ally: 

Musery

DutchHooker
Just now, JustAnother said:

I still have no idea why she has no Grammys. They obviously have a negative biased for her.

Because she doesn't deliver good quality IMO. She delivers a lot of songs without meaning and just to become nr. 1.. (pre-Witness)
I know she has songs that are fit for a Grammy, but the competition is tough and I won't say her quality is better than the others.

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

YourEvilTwin
1 minute ago, JustAnother said:

Not really. Looking back on all her nomination, what could she have won? Whom could she have beaten? It's always been hard for pop artists to win Grammys due to the intense competition in the genre. She could've won a couple had she branched into other genres with features and stuff.

Archived