AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster
9 minutes ago, Girrr said:

I guess we can stop saying “Gaga = ratings” 

Well at the very last minute it seemed she was revealed to perform and the commercials were so quick to list all the performers too...

Plus...Ariana cancelled, Gaga wasnt performing any new music, and alicia was hosting...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MonsterPaws

I said it before on another thread but I genuinely believe awards shows aren't as relevant as they used to. Maybe the award itself and what it signifies, but not the whole sitting with the family on a Sunday evening and watching it live :shrug:

I mean cable and just TV in general has been dying for a while and slowly being replaced by streaming services and the like, and I don't think it comes a surprise to see something like the Grammys experience falling ratings.

It's all very old school imo but I was raised by the Internet and YouTube so maybe it just never was my thing anyway.

15 minutes ago, Girrr said:

I guess we can stop saying “Gaga = ratings” 

What if the ratings were only 15M if Gaga wasn't here though? I agree with you btw, but this statement still works in that situation :tongue:

SharkmanthaC
14 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Most people watched illegal streams, that's why :lmao:

12 minutes ago, River said:

Because they didn't put a live stream on Youtube

12 minutes ago, mariariot said:

we were all seeing them at Periscope and Corea TV links LOL

6 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

Cable tv is declining in general, plus shows like this are pirated to oblivion! 

5 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

No one watches live tv anymore

Streaming is the way to go

All of this.  I got rid of cable awhile ago.  I have Hulu Live and Netflix.  I started off watching it on Hulu, but then the stream was behind the live.  In order to keep up with the thread, I had to switch to over the air. 

However, CBS isn't a cable channel, but I imagine most people don't even bother to watch things over the air anymore, and just look for streams or updates later.  I mean you can watch your local news through an app, why do you need to watch over the air anymore?

she/her/hers

LUCARTPOP
17 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

So what excuse will we give now that these Grammys were so much about Gaga? :huntyga:

Please, they will always find something.. :toofunny:

2 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Well at the very last minute it seemed she was revealed to perform and the commercials were so quick to list all the performers too...

Plus...Ariana cancelled, Gaga wasnt performing any new music, and alicia was hosting...

Ariana has 10s of millions of fans.  If only a fraction were so disappointed that they didn't tune in, that has an impact.  Also, other top artists had announced they wouldn't be there for one reason or another.

Personally, I hope artists in the future rebel like Ariana when their choice is taken away.  Award shows need to listen to the artists if they are going to use them for promotion to increase viewership.  Artists have the ability to change this model if they rebel, because the business model would become if you want to use artists to increase ratings, you have to honor the artists' creative choice or they won't show up.  /end rant

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived