💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy slammed for black face shoe; to be pulled from shelves

Runway

Featured Posts

Ally Campana

I predicted it. She obviously meant no harm since there’s a white version of it. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LM said:

I'm sure that if she released only the white ones, people would call her racist anyway because there would be no black people representation. U can never win with sjws

“black people representation”, so you do admit it was suppose to represent a black face? you just don’t think there’s anything wrong with doing a black face?? :toofunny:

FreePalestine

Zander
1 hour ago, NewYorkCity said:

It.Is.A.Shoe.

If I put on a t-shirt with two eyes and a mouth... I am being racist? 

This is just ridiculous. These offendedbyeverything people... it is just becoming ridiculous.

I suggest you read the other posts in this thread and see why people might have a issue and the justifiable reasons why because it seems like you don’t understand or at least see it from another viewpoint. You might learn something about black face in doing so.

You’re not black so it’s not down to you to decide whether people should be offended or not.

And no, why would putting a face on a T-shirt be racist? If it doesn’t have resemblance to a sambo/golliwig then there’s no issue. Thats a bit of a ridiculous statement.

NewYorkCity
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

I agree. The amount of people that get offended over things is insane. Here I am talking to someone who is offended by people getting offended over a poor design choice with resemblance to racist caricatures. This person is so offended they’re talking about slapping on the same features on a shirt to make a point. :air:

Far too sensitive.

Oh. Your point has a failure... I am not offended. I am just saying how ridiculous this is. And how ridiculous are people getting offended by a shoe. And you still haven’t made any point so... yeah. 

36 minutes ago, lego said:

“black people representation”, so you do admit it was suppose to represent a black face? you just don’t think there’s anything wrong with doing a black face?? :toofunny:

You completelly misunderstood my post 

Economy

I mean clearly that wasn't the intention but she and her team by now should know how easy it is to offend the public in the 21st century

Also the shoe is ugly AF so it should be pulled regardless :cryga:

LateToCult
52 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

Oh. Your point has a failure... I am not offended. I am just saying how ridiculous this is. And how ridiculous are people getting offended by a shoe. And you still haven’t made any point so... yeah. 

Well for someone who isn’t offended you sure are taking this to heart.

There are instances when people take things to the extreme under the guise of being “offended” but this isn’t one of them. The issue here is the large red lips against the black material of the shoe that is supposed to mimick a black person’s skin. They’re the same elements that have been used for over a hundred years by racists to depict black people as inferior beings. Intended or not, profit was going to be made off of an image that has historically caused a lot of pain to a community. That matters.

The fact that so many (primarily white) people are angry that this is even a thing shows how little race issues, specifically black issues, matter to people in 2019. 

You see this as an example of society taking offense to frivolous things. The way I see it, our world is so saturated with racism and hateful propaganda (like it always has) that we aren’t even phased by a lot of it because it’s our normal. We don’t see it unless it affects us directly, but social media has allowed people who are affected to speak out. This has never been possible before. This is the first time in history a society has allowed people of different races to speak freely about their thoughts on race to the masses without fear.

Obviously there’s going to be instances when you won’t agree with what you’re hearing because of how vastly different people’s viewpoints are based on their own life experiences and how different they are from yours. In those instances (like this one) you should ask yourself if you disagree with something because it’s insignificant or because it’s something you’re accustomed to ignoring because it has never affected you directly.

Runway
6 hours ago, Kaboku said:

You know what I'm actually super confused about, Someone fill me in please. If someone is complaining about these shoes being 'blackface' than why not complain about them being 'whiteface' too? Honestly. They are the IDENTICAL shoes, one black and one white/gold. Why are people only getting offended over the black one? Honestly. I feel like people are just trying hard to make so much drama and fake controversy. Unless I'm ofc missing something. Someone fill me in please. To me they are just shoes...

Because white people were never enslaved? 

Archived