celeb

Katy slammed for black face shoe; to be pulled from shelves

Runway

Featured Posts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dynamite

I didn't see it as blackface I saw it as Egyptian themed or whatever Dark Horse is :cryga:

The K.P logo is also an eye isn't it? So it is based on that. Something being black doesn't make it black face. Especially when it's a shoe.

They are ugly, but they are not blackface. 

iAstroLeo

Blackface?

It looks like ****ing Mr. And Mrs. Potato Head, what are these people's problem?

They were going to get pulled from stores eventually anyway because I'm guessing that nobody would buy such an ugly shoe :hor: 

Katy has just dethroned Gaga as queen of controversy :diane:

angels forever, forever angels

Phaye Monster

Poor girl can’t catch a break, can she?:icega:

truthfully I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the shoes, yeah they have an odd design but they kind of fit the theme of Dark Horse and the Witness tour. I don’t think Katy would intentionally blackface a pair of shoes. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

LateToCult
4 minutes ago, ClarenceCross said:

it doesn't even look like blackface!! this poor girl cant catch a break.

4 minutes ago, iAstroLeo said:

Blackface?

It looks like ****ing Mr. And Mrs. Potato Head, what are these people's problem?

They were going to get pulled from stores eventually anyway because I'm guessing that nobody would buy such an ugly shoe :hor: 

The bright red lips against the black of the shoe is very reminiscent of the racist caricatures of black people made for decades. Even though there isn’t a doubt in my mind there was no malicious intent here her team should have used their brains to see it was a poor design choice. I don’t feel bad for this dragging at all. They practically begged for it.  :ladyhaha:

Galagala

Lol some people are really sensitive nowadays.....

Those who really need slamming like Ariana Grande:selena: ,however, are safe and fine with tons of social media stans.

StarstruckIllusion

We’re not surprised lmao. As soon as I saw it I hoped there wasn’t a black version. 

Archived