Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

sweetener vs. reputation

Lighter

Featured Posts

edengowon
On ā€Ž2ā€Ž/ā€Ž11ā€Ž/ā€Ž2019 at 2:58 PM, Ployd said:

I didn't listen to either of these albums all the way through but I can tell you from the singles I heard from both Sweetener was better imo. MostĀ of the choruses from reputation sucked ass like Look What You Made Me Do, Are You Ready For It, Bad reputation, and Gorgeous.Ā 

You clearly didn't pay attention because there is no such song as Bad Reputation

Shawn Mendes has a song called Bad Reputation but Taylor does not

Also, the light is coming existed which was 10x worse than the worst song on rep (I love TLIC but rep is better imo)

the artist formerly known as melancholia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ARealWildMan said:

You clearly didn't pay attention because there is no such song as Bad Reputation

Shawn Mendes has a song called Bad Reputation but Taylor does not

Also, the light is coming existed which was 10x worse than the worst song on rep (I love TLIC but rep is better imo)

No ****, I literally said I didn't listen to either album. I was talking about End Game where she goes "Big Reputation! Big Reputation!" which btw was a horrendous song that I can't believe she made a single.Ā 

2School4Cool

Sweetener definitely has some great songs (NTLTC, GIAW, Breathin, Sweetener) but I prefer a lot of the reputation deep cuts, like Getaway Car, IDSB, KOMH. New Years Day is my favorite Taylor song and one of my favoriteĀ songs of 2017.

See The Best In Everyone

Reputation is theĀ superior album for me. Sweetener just doesn't sound exciting to me, whereas Reputation is so sonically rich.Ā 

When years pass we will look atĀ ReputationĀ as the true underrated gem that it truly turned out to be.Ā 

Taylor didnā€™t win or get any other nominations because she did no promo for the album and didnā€™tĀ campaign at all. They also just handed her AOTY

The Reputation deep cuts are among Taylorā€™s best songs, and far better than Sweetner as a whole. And it was also the best album among the bunch but it was obvious she wasnā€™t going to win. But itā€™s fine, itā€™s not like itā€™s the end for her lmao

who will love me when the night is over

Inferno

Didn't particularly care for any of the nominees in the category but I liked Sweetener the most. Felt like it was time for her to win one and that project was good enough. Don't really get all this talk about Taylor being snubbed when she always gets a million grammys for everything even when its undeserved? What about reputation was specifically deserving? It wasn't even her best album let alone better than Sweetener. Whereas Sweetener shows Ariana veering away from hodge-podge gay bop albums and into more interesting territory (for her). Ive never agreed with this seemingly popular narrative that Sweetener is weak or boring or whatever and quite honestly it derives from the fact that it doesn't contain an Into You or a Break Free moment, but I dont think it needed to. Songs like the Imogen Heap interpolated Goodnight n Go or TLIC were infinitely more interesting than the pleasant bops of albums previous. And again, can't relate to the plebs that think TLIC is trash. Im not even an Ariana stan and it was one of the first times I thought she made something interesting. I liked the sample, I liked her melodically on the track, the repetition served a purpose, Nicki Minaj was the only odd thing out there. Wouldve benefited from dropping her unnecessary verse and just putting her elsewhere on the album if she contractually had to be included.

Suspiria

Literally what do you guys see in Reputation?:saladga:Ā It was such a flat album. The lyrics were honestly awful, andĀ apart from LWYMMD there wasn't really any interesting themes, just the usual generic love/relationships mush.

Bad lyrics are fine if the instrumental is fireĀ and it has good melodies and vocals, but Reputation had none of that. Her voice soundedĀ so lifeless and uninterested the whole album, and the production wasĀ incredibly sparse and bland throughout.

Ā 

The album is fine to listen to as background music but it didn't deserve any awards for sure:madge: Sweetener wasn't particularly amazing either, but it had way more life and imagination than Reputation. Plus Ariana's vocals are always heavenly.

Archived