💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

sweetener vs. reputation

Lighter

Featured Posts

I didn't listen to either of these albums all the way through but I can tell you from the singles I heard from both Sweetener was better imo. Most of the choruses from reputation sucked ass like Look What You Made Me Do, Are You Ready For It, Bad reputation, and Gorgeous. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PinkJelly

I prefer Reputation, couldn’t really get into Sweetner as much, apart from the singles it was a bit of a miss for me. Thank You, Next though? Gurllllll :giveup:

StrawberryBlond

I wanted Camila to win, the only truly deserving album in that category, in my opinion. But yeah, Reputation deserved to win more than Sweetener and I've never been a Taylor fan. I think Reputation was her best album whereas Sweetener is Ariana's joint worst. I'm shocked that she got it considering she'd abandoned it and figured if she couldn't honour her own album, the academy definitely wouldn't have any faith in it. I bet they're super-regretting it now, that's all I can say. She so deserved one for Dangerous Woman's performance, so this was a very bad choice. Some of Taylor's best ever work is on Reputation whereas there's barely anything worth a mention on Sweetener. Does anyone know why Taylor seems to have fallen out of the academy's good graces? To go from her last album winning AOTY to only getting one nomination which she didn't even win for this entire era is inexplicable. The only theory presented to me is that the West family have a big influence in the academy and seeing as she dissed Kanye on a few tracks, maybe this album's true praise was kept on the down low? I thought the weird exclusion of LWYMMD was so unusual for a hit Taylor lead single but to not so much as give Delicate a best pop performance nod was next level bizarre. Albums that got lesser praise and sales than her won awards. I just don't know what she could have done to turn the academy so cold on her.

Reputation by far. Has a bigger selection of better songs. The songs are also are well written with bigger production. 

VenusBlackStar

As an intense Kelly stan my (biased) first choice was Meaning of Life because "Heat" and "Don't You Pretend" alone throw me into a new dimension every time I play them :legend:I mean that album is also a great album that I find to be more cohesive and organic in production than Kelly's last album

But if we are putting Sweetener and Reputation up against each other and interpreting the "vocal" thing as simply a designation to differentiate it from it being an instrumental album with no vocals, Reputation should have gotten that Grammy instead. There are just a few songs in Sweetener that hold it up, but compared to Reputation I think Sweetener doesn't have as deep of a dimension that Repuation has. 

JohnWayne92
10 hours ago, Andreu said:

none, both underwhelming artists. but i think rep has more good songs

Underwhelming artists? 

:saladga:

I can't even. 

2School4Cool

Well MY personal favorite was Beautiful Trauma, but I’m a biased P!nk stan. I think the winner should have been reputation, the album was remarkable in terms of lyrics, production, cohesiveness, etc and sold unbelievably well. That being said, I am so happy for Ariana that she won this award. I’ve never been her biggest fan, but this album had some amazing songs on it and drew me into her music more than ever before. Her award was very well deserved.

edit: if we are analyzing vocals alone, my main choice is P!nk but all are great. The vocals on songs like Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken, You Get My Love, What About Us, I Am Here, etc. are unbelievable. There’s no denying Ariana’s amazing vocal skill though, one of the best of this generation.

See The Best In Everyone

Archived