Jump to content
opinion

Appreciating Gaga

Featured Posts

CrazyMonster

I haven’t been here since August and it was honestly so great for me cause I was literally addicted to GGD.

I saw ASIB for the first time on October 2nd, cried at the end of the film obviously, listened to the whole soundtrack without any influence from fans here.

The same thing goes for Enigma, I discovered the show through Twitter and it grew on me.

I just wanted to make this thread to tell you guys that sometimes it is important, beneficial and healthy to take a break from GGD.

Having a 5 months break from here actually let me appreciate everything Gaga did and it also let me become indifferent when it came to others fans’ opinions so now I can finally appreciate Gaga to the fullest without anyone influencing me.

So anyways, I loved the Grammys performance of Shallow too! I’m back on GGD but I definitely won’t be here 24/7 like I used to.

Let’s celebrate the fact that Gaga has now 9 Grammys!

D3-B1-A8-EC-D7-A8-44-EA-9404-D9842-A37-D

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Like 2
  • Love 13

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PunkTheFunk

I envy your self discipline :selena: I've been considering a break too because I've been here almost every waking hour since I joined 3 years ago. Maybe after the Oscars :vegas:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

I envy your self discipline :selena: I've been considering a break too because I've been here almost every waking hour since I joined 3 years ago. Maybe after the Oscars :vegas:

It wasn’t really self discipline but I can’t talk about it otherwise I will get some WPs but even when I was allowed to came back in late December/early January I just saw the negativity surrounding Enigma and Britney’s Vegas cancellation and I just logged out until last week. I’ve been lurking around and I’ve finally decided to like and post a thread to see how things have changed here (if they have lol).

But I swear a break from here even if it’s only a week is really great, it’s just that it became too much for me, I subscribed on GGD for Gaga back in April 2014 and my behavior in August was just rude and I had become just very despicable and I had started insulting other female artists in the industry and all. I just had a toxic behavior so a break really helped me become more mature and it really HELPED me make my own opinions about everything Gaga’s related and it feels so good to have your own opinion and knowing no one influenced it.

Sorry for writing way too much lol but it’s so exciting being back here on such a big night!

B6-EEEA5-E-7422-4-BC9-9-B6-D-A2-D8452398

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquarius

yesss welcome backkk and let's also appreciate the fact that the ASIB soundtrack will most likely win the grammy for best soundtrack next year giving gaga her 10th grammy win :vegas:

Dreamer
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ILoveGypsyLife

I agree with what you’re saying. It’s easy to get wrapped up in conflicting opinions. If you can respect each other’s opinions and agree to disagree, that’s great, but sometimes seeing the arguments can be overwhelming. It’s good to take a break from anything. Getting too wrapped up in any form of social media can be stressful and take a toll. I’m glad to hear the break was beneficial for you :) 

The melody that you choose can rescue you...
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
VenusBlackStar

I disappeared from this negative cult site for the entirely of the Joanne era and it was a great move because I literally just enjoyed that era for everything it was with my friends who also loved it. I wasn’t lurking on here getting mad at all the complaining and the same three threads that would pop up about whether or not Gaga was gonna fail because she breathed a certain way or used a certain word or something.

so I totally get where you’re coming from! 

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARTPOPSlays

I’m glad the break worked well for you! 5 months seems like a long time, haha! I’ve been contemplating taking a break from this website for a little while now. I’ve done mini breaks before, but I think I need another one. Maybe even longer. It’s just been so toxic here. And it’s become such a habit for me to come on here. I mean, I’m checking up on this website all throughout my day, knowing nothing new and is going to happen. I really think I’m gonna go through with this and come back with a healthier mindset like you! I’ve been jn a rut lately in terms of my social life and I don’t think social media is helping. Thanks for inspiring me to take a break! We’ll see what happens!

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, CrazyMonster said:

It wasn’t really self discipline but I can’t talk about it otherwise I will get some WPs but even when I was allowed to came back in late December/early January I just saw the negativity surrounding Enigma and Britney’s Vegas cancellation and I just logged out until last week. I’ve been lurking around and I’ve finally decided to like and post a thread to see how things have changed here (if they have lol).

But I swear a break from here even if it’s only a week is really great, it’s just that it became too much for me, I subscribed on GGD for Gaga back in April 2014 and my behavior in August was just rude and I had become just very despicable and I had started insulting other female artists in the industry and all. I just had a toxic behavior so a break really helped me become more mature and it really HELPED me make my own opinions about everything Gaga’s related and it feels so good to have your own opinion and knowing no one influenced it.

Sorry for writing way too much lol but it’s so exciting being back here on such a big night!

B6-EEEA5-E-7422-4-BC9-9-B6-D-A2-D8452398

Random side note but I just wanted to inform you that it's free hug day and you've been randomly selected to win a free hug :kara:

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster
25 minutes ago, Letmelivemylife said:

Random side note but I just wanted to inform you that it's free hug day and you've been randomly selected to win a free hug :kara:

122212-C1-1-AC4-44-EE-A4-E6-162-F64-A566

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitsch
2 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

But I swear a break from here even if it’s only a week is really great, it’s just that it became too much for me, I subscribed on GGD for Gaga back in April 2014 and my behavior in August was just rude and I had become just very despicable and I had started insulting other female artists in the industry and all. I just had a toxic behavior so a break really helped me become more mature and it really HELPED me make my own opinions about everything Gaga’s related and it feels so good to have your own opinion and knowing no one influenced it.

Sorry for writing way too much lol but it’s so exciting being back here on such a big night!

I just want to say it takes a lot of courage to admit things you did in the past were maybe not so right and to really focus on bettering one's self. And I want to acknowledge you for inspiring me to do the same whenever I feel like maybe I could have done things differently.

Much love to your new found independence.

If you want to forget something, maybe sitting around and remembering it in every detail ain't the right way.
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster
9 hours ago, Kitsch said:

I just want to say it takes a lot of courage to admit things you did in the past were maybe not so right and to really focus on bettering one's self. And I want to acknowledge you for inspiring me to do the same whenever I feel like maybe I could have done things differently.

Much love to your new found independence.

Oh no it doesn’t take that much of courage trust me you just have to look at yourself in the mirror and be honest with yourself. Every night before sleeping I do some soul-searching, I try to not repeat the mistakes I made and learn from them and I try to repeat the good things I did.

The stan culture around here really took a toll on me when I was in a fragile mental state of mind and it is like a whirlwind that takes everything out of you and you just don’t recognize who you’ve become so this break was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I suggest you to do the same and it helps a a LOT with self love ! :heart:

Edited by CrazyMonster
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster

Oh I’m just so happy guys!

Edited by CrazyMonster
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster

8659-A312-1-F58-4924-A8-B1-04907-C773-D1

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×