💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Grammy performance was amazing SIT DOWN

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Didymus
5 hours ago, VenusBlackStar said:

It was straight up rock and roll and ppl who can’t handle it get SHOOK :huntyga:

But she can still do rock and roll and deliver good stage presence and vocals omg how are you people not getting that this is a big difference :saladga:

I love rock and I've been dying for RockGa but this just wasn't it. Her vocals were quite terrible tbh I have no idea why so many fans are trying to cover that up.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
3 hours ago, Jakkusan said:

B*tches complain when Gaga is too "stripped-back" and then complain when she's too "over-the-top". When it comes to Gaga, she is always unexpected in her approach and a lot of basics can't deal with that.

I was looking on Facebook earlier for videos of her performance and comments popped up with new (Joanne/ASIB) stans complaining that she sold out with this performance and was too "pop". What the actual f*ck?!

The Grammys performance was wild and fun, whilst still sticking true to the spirit of the song. I loved it. To this day, people fail t understand that Gaga just does whatever the Hell she wants. She can be stripped-back if she feels like it, but being theatrical and "Gaga" is also a very real side of her.

This was a very stripped back performance though... just because she's making a few headbanging movements doesn't make it theatrical or "Gaga" I don't get that rhetoric at all :lmao:

She's just on stage with a friggin' live band in a semi-basic costume how is this "Gaga" in any way except that it's Gaga on stage singing? :air:

This has NOTHING to do with "early Gaga" or "CrazyGa", we are used to far more than this :smh: Some people just didn't think it was a successful performance. No reason to come up with all of these excuses.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

But she can still do rock and roll and deliver good stage presence and vocals omg how are you people not getting that this is a big difference :saladga:

I love rock and I've been dying for RockGa but this just wasn't it. Her vocals were quite terrible tbh I have no idea why so many fans are trying to cover that up.

Her vocals were not terrible at all.

It's not the same technique she uses in the song, different but not terrible lol. 

Certainly not pitch perfect but it's pretty good with all that head banging.

InsomniaMonster69

I loved it!!! She felt so happy on the stage! Her energy was breathtaking. Her vocals were flawless!!! 

I love that she did the song the way she felt it and not the way it was in the movie! 

That made the song a Gaga performance! 

I love my Queen. :kiss:

Just now, Didymus said:

This was a very stripped back performance though... just because she's making a few headbanging movements doesn't make it theatrical or "Gaga" I don't get that rhetoric at all :lmao:

She's just on stage with a friggin' live band in a semi-basic costume how is this "Gaga" in any way except that it's Gaga on stage singing? :air:

This has NOTHING to do with "early Gaga" or "CrazyGa", we are used to far more than this :smh: Some people just didn't think it was a successful performance. No reason to come up with all of these excuses.

Ok lmao you didn't like it we get it.

Some people liked it some people didn't.

What's the point of restating your point over and over again? Forcing an opinion on others isn't gonna work I'm sure you know that.

Just let it be lol. The performance is over. The critique session is over. Not every single detail needs to be discussed till it's as clear as crystal.

InsomniaMonster69

Just read the comments... 

I hate u all:messga:

Gaga is your favourite artist to drag down nuh? Why are u here?

Didymus
Just now, JR Gg said:

Her vocals were not terrible at all.

It's not the same technique she uses in the song, different but not terrible lol. 

Certainly not pitch perfect but it's pretty good with all that head banging.

She went off key throughout the whole thing, lbr :toofunny: She ****ed up her high note build-up, missed her last high note, and didn't extend her notes like the song clearly asks for, diminishing any emotional effect in those choruses.

It wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't impressive either :smh: That's ok, she can have an off day and we obviously know she can sing and deliver, but why deny the obvious? I don't see anyone doing that with Katy's Dolly tribute lol. She went off key, ****ed up some high notes and was a little shakey. So what? It's not the end of the world.

She doesn't have to be amazing every friggin' time. Who knows, maybe she rewatched that performance and was like "ok, that was not my best". It's no big deal. She's human. I just don't see the need to cover up her flaws every time and insult the people who maybe understand that if this was any other performer than Gaga, we would not have thought this was a great performance. No biggie.

Didymus
1 minute ago, JR Gg said:

What's the point of restating your point over and over again? Forcing an opinion on others isn't gonna work I'm sure you know that.

I'm just questioning this whole "this is theatricalGa" narrative. That's a very different point compared to my other critiques. To me this is in fact a stripped down performance that is not very theatrical and not very "crazy". She's just headbanging a bit on stage, so what?

I'm not putting down anyone who likes it, I'm just quoting the people who I think are painting a completely misguided picture about the people who don't.

Just now, Didymus said:

She went off key throughout the whole thing, lbr :toofunny: She ****ed up her high note build-up, missed her last high note, and didn't extend her notes like the song clearly asks for, diminishing any emotional effect in those choruses.

It wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't impressive either :smh: That's ok, she can have an off day and we obviously know she can sing and deliver, but why deny the obvious? I don't see anyone doing that with Katy's Dolly tribute lol. She went off key, ****ed up some high notes and was a little shakey. So what? It's not the end of the world.

She doesn't have to be amazing every friggin' time. Who knows, maybe she rewatched that performance and was like "ok, that was not my best". It's no big deal. She's human. I just don't see the need to cover up her flaws every time and insult the people who maybe understand that if this was any other performer than Gaga, we would not have thought this was a great performance. No biggie.

She didn't go off key throughout the whole song. And you clearly didn't interpret this rock version well. 

She didn't extend the high notes because she didn't want to. It was a choice, not an error. 

I'm not gonna discuss vocals with you because clearly you have a very narrow view of what's "good vocals" and "correct technique".

You can go ask any vocal coach and they'll tell you she delivered a good vocal performance. Not her best, but it wasn't nearly as bad as you make it to be.

Didymus
42 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

She didn't go off key throughout the whole song.

She did. But whatever. I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway. I'm just representing the people who didn't but aren't deluded about it or are in fact RockGa or theatricalGa fans, that's all.

15 hours ago, Bobbins said:

God-Ga brought the energy and vocals. The only people who dislike it from scanning twitter are basic white people ...

Your racism shines through, yet again.

At least you're obvious about it.

Cloudbusting

I think the performance was great! The song kinda has to different moments and is kinda weird to sing solo... the beginning doesn’t really fit the rock style she went for but the ending mashed really well with it. She had a couple of problems with pitch but that’s ok I don’t expect her to be perfect but some moments were a little off... but I loved the performance 

NewUsername

The first minute or so was a bit weird, her movements were off, not following the melody and rhythm, but then it got great!

moonboywow

Yall I'm glad I only have shawol and kpop friends now. They are way less spoiled than this fanbase. I thought the performance was good. I didn't like the ending pose but that's my only complaint 

Archived