💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way Album Worldwide Sales?

MANiCURE1295

Featured Posts

MANiCURE1295

8 million shipped and 6 million sold. If you put it all together it makes sense because there are albums on shelves in stores and stuff. I doubt it will ever hit 9,000,000 shipped but 8,000,000 is amazing numbers IMO.

I don't know, the tour could bring up its sales. Sales increased in Australia and Asia.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whiteboi1327

I don't know, the tour could bring up its sales. Sales increased in Australia and Asia.

it will but not by that much

MANiCURE1295

I'm just going with 8 million. That came from the record label and that's the most reliable number we have.

• 4 weeks later...
HOTRODSGAGA

Gaga herself is probably going by SHIPPED numbers, not necessarily sales. I remember her saying the album sold 7 million back in November and it didn't even cross the 6 million mark at the time. :laughga:

Shipped albums will be sold sooner or later. so it is safe to say that shipment = sales a couple years later

MANiCURE1295

Exactly. I'm going with 8 million. Plenty of sources has said that it's the number and I believe it. Shipped or not.

Six million is the most accurate number, it may be around 6.5 million by now due to album sales deriving from the tour.

United States: 2.3 million.

United Kingdom: 900,000 - 1 million.

France: 200,000.

Japan: 750,000.

Taiwan: 100,000.

Europe: 1,000,000.

Australia: 140,000.

Canada: 240,000.

TOTAL: 5,730,000. These sales are based on certifications, so it is safe to say the album has sold more since and is passed the 6 million mark WW. I would say it's at 6.2-6.3 million WW and after the tour and the release of ARTPOP (sales for older albums of an artists tend to increase after the release of a new one) it will be around 6.5 million and, in a few years, hopefully it will be at 7 million WW. :)

You forgot the third most important market :fthis:

Germany: 250.000

and UK: 300.000,not 1 million ;)

HOTRODSGAGA

Everybody! Interscope shipped 8M. but don't forget about the digital sales. They must be , well at least 3M.

so i guess BTW has sold 6M (HC) + 3M (digital) = 9M.

You forgot the third most important market :fthis:

Germany: 250.000

and UK: 300.000,not 1 million ;)

Oops!

But the UK one is correct.It's certified Platinum for 300K sales so I understand why you think that, but it should be Triple Platinum certified for over 900K sold but it hasn't been certified for it yet.

Oops!

But the UK one is correct.It's certified Platinum for 300K sales so I understand why you think that, but it should be Triple Platinum certified for over 900K sold but it hasn't been certified for it yet.

Oh okay,where can you see how much it sold?

Oh okay,where can you see how much it sold?

I'm not sure, if you wanna see how much it sold in the UK I suggest you visit the UK Charts Discussion thread. :)

MANiCURE1295

So there's our anwser! 6.8 million at the end of 2011! And it's been almost a whole year! So I bet it's past 7 million now :)

Archived