💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Lady Gaga - Shallow (Live at Grammys)

TheJoanneJoker

Featured Posts

2School4Cool
6 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I think some of you really have to face the fact that you just don't like Lady Gaga anymore tbh. 

I do get the point of a lot of what you said in your post, however I disagree with this statement. Maybe this is true for some, but it’s most likely very few people. Just because someone didn’t love one performance doesn’t mean they don’t like Lady Gaga. I adore her more than words and this is maybe the second time in her entire career I didn’t absolutely love a performance. In my own personal preference this performance felt just a tad off for me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate and get what she was going for. No shade, just explaining my opinion.

See The Best In Everyone

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace
53 minutes ago, ILoveGypsyLife said:

I do get the point of a lot of what you said in your post, however I disagree with this statement. Maybe this is true for some, but it’s most likely very few people. Just because someone didn’t love one performance doesn’t mean they don’t like Lady Gaga. I adore her more than words and this is maybe the second time in her entire career I didn’t absolutely love a performance. In my own personal preference this performance felt just a tad off for me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate and get what she was going for. No shade, just explaining my opinion.

Totally! Wasn't dragging the majority. 

But there really is a continuous sentiment, ever since ARTPOP, of unhappiness and unfullfillment with her art. People who constantly are unsatisfied or dislike what she creates. And at some point, you have to realize that you're just dragging someone who's putting out what they want to. That's what I'm saying. 

2School4Cool
2 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Totally! Wasn't dragging the majority. 

But there really is a continuous sentiment, ever since ARTPOP, of unhappiness and unfullfillment with her art. People who constantly are unsatisfied or dislike what she creates. And at some point, you have to realize that you're just dragging someone who's putting out what they want to. That's what I'm saying. 

I totally agree, there are some “fans” who are just plain rude with their opinions. Some people never even give her the benefit of the doubt or respect her creative decisions. It’s like if you don’t even respect the artist why are you a fan? I totally get what you’re saying.

See The Best In Everyone

The performance was well done. It's about time THAT Gaga performed. You can only sit down at a piano for so many songs. The outfit rocked, the look was amazing, the stage presence, the lighting, the vocals, and that camera man was incredible. They definitely tried to emulate the Shallow movie scene with the lighting and camera angles and it worked. Probably doesn't have as great effect for the audience but they gave a standing ovation anyway. But watching on TV it was awesome. That is how I imagined the Oscar performance to be. I wonder how they will do that to avoid repeating the idea.

The only part that was KIND OF cringey was the very beginning when she is pointing at the guitars during the opening music.

That J
On 2/10/2019 at 9:34 PM, Gracious Gaga said:

Her energy did not match the song I’m sorry

i found this to be a cringey performance.  

Love her no matter what but 

what was that :cryga:

Some of you guys are just nuts. She gave that song the FIRE OF FORGIVENESS...

You are looking at it all wrong.  Oh well. She nailed it, she won it, she slayed it.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

It's so weird, I've been contemplating it for hours now, and I still have mixed feelings.

I do love it, but then again I love everything she does. And I needed to watch it a few times before making my decision - it wasn't like other performances where I've loved it while it happening.

I definitely think it was last minute and under-rehearsed, but I also think mixed in with that was her mood tonight. We all assumed she was high (even though she probably wasn't), but I do think she was feeling some type of way in general, which affected the performance IMO. She had like three personalities that night, she could've even been in pain!

Even though this is the CrazyGa we're used to, it was definitely a shock for the GP because it was a huge unpredictable jump from literally the time she accepted the award haha. 

And what makes me laugh most is that 60yo+ ASIB fans are raging about her ruining and disrespecting the song or whatever, but it was like the least controversial CrazyGa performance ever.

Oh Gaga, always winning people and losing them in the same breath. We stan versatility and unpredictability. :vegas:

FinnishGypsy

I think she purposefully performed in an eccentric fashion, with glam rock vs country rock influences, in order to clearly separate Gaga from Ally for the GP.

A lot of people have been trying to discredit her acting skills by saying she was "just playing herself" in ASIB, but they are two very different performers. 

Also, I'm sure they all want the first award show performance of "Shallow" that actually replicates the film to take place at the Academy Awards, with Cooper.

Borislshere

INLA + all the other solo songs on the ASIB soundtrack, I'm so sorry. She should've saved shallow for the oscars now it feels like overkill plus this energy is so weird. 

giphy.gif

codymonster

I liked the idea, but what I didn’t like was the instrumental and how the guitars and drums all beat down at the same time. The repetitious “I’m off the deep end (BOOM) watch as I dive in (BOOM) I’ll never meet (BOOM) the ground (BOOM BOOM)” was so unpleasant to the ears and really messed with the flow of the song

If they would have reworked the instrumental to be rock, but still have flow, the performance would have been unreal, cause she sounded good for the most part.

2School4Cool
59 minutes ago, FinnishGypsy said:

I think she purposefully performed in an eccentric fashion, with glam rock vs country rock influences, in order to clearly separate Gaga from Ally for the GP.

A lot of people have been trying to discredit her acting skills by saying she was "just playing herself" in ASIB, but they are two very different performers. 

Also, I'm sure they all want the first award show performance of "Shallow" that actually replicates the film to take place at the Academy Awards, with Cooper.

I think these are all good points, especially the bold part. Some people think Ally is like normal Gaga and use it to discredit her acting, when in reality this is so untrue.

See The Best In Everyone

Archived