đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Lady Gaga - Shallow (Live at Grammys)

TheJoanneJoker

Featured Posts

49 minutes ago, MEM said:

I've seen some comments saying she was vocally perfect, but I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I loved her passion and everything, she killed it, but she never quite gets the note in I'll never meet the ground. It's been a little under for most of the Enigma performances too. I think it's because "ee" is a hard vowel to sing that high. When she does We're far from the shallow now, she reaches that note a lot easier and stronger.

I hope she has lots of lemon and honey tea for the Oscars because I don't want to her strain on that note and on that word ('meet') in particular. I personally don't think she's hit it perfectly since filming ASIB.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice  the vocals; in this case she gave us so much energy; you have to find balance between the vocals and the rest of the performance

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a lot but I was for it. I liked that she made it a bit more glam rock and filled out the song with that outro. The movements were a bit everywhere but idk it made it feel like a real rough and tumble rock show. Like, this feels like this is where Gaga is right now in her life performing glam rock in a Freddy Mercury-looking get-up :oops:

MelbHawker

I live for RockGa, I really do. She ATE ITTTTT.

I noticed the vocal toward the end were the style she sung 'Shallow' in ASIB in the concert scene just after Jackson closes the garage door. Must be the 80's-arena-rock version Mark tweeted about a while back. 

giskardsb
7 hours ago, Didymus said:

He means: allowing her vocals to soar and carry the song.

I mean, it's pretty undeniable that her movements absolutely ruined her ability to sing the song appropriately :shrug: She missed more than one note last night and for just one (unchoreographed) performance for which she got to prepare for weeks that really is not ok. We wouldn't give other performers a free pass for that stuff, so I'm not giving one for Gaga either tbh. It wasn't a boring performance but it was subpar imo.

as a rock fan my entire life I greatly preferred this style of performance over many of her other ones.   it doesn't bother me if she misses a note or two, her vocals were still on point overall, she was obviously singing live and brought a ton of energy to the show.  Saying it was "absolutely ruined" is being a bit dramatic.   It was like Gaga chanelling Ally channelling the Metallica performance.   Given that we NEVER get to see a modern artist put on a rock show at the Grammy's, it's a huge win as far as I'm concerned.  Shallow totally fits in that rock power ballad model, it's not *that* much of a switch up,  It went from country rock ballad to rock power ballad.  All in the same ballpark just more energy.

my only complaint is that she called out the audience to sing, causing an annoying spot in the mp3 I'll be playing over and over.

Reminded me of the good ole days when she gave zero ****s what people thought and was just weird af. I loved it. RockGa jumped out. She ****ing gave it her all. Some people can’t identify with that level of grit, so they mock it. She is truly serving passion and pure talent. What a goddess. 

giskardsb

They said i was weird. That my look, my choices, my sound, that it wouldn't work. But music told me not to listen to them,"

She was living her own words last night.

cold heartedpop
25 minutes ago, jared011 said:

Reminded me of the good ole days when she gave zero ****s what people thought and was just weird af. I loved it. RockGa jumped out. She ****ing gave it her all. Some people can’t identify with that level of grit, so they mock it. She is truly serving passion and pure talent. What a goddess. 

Agreed sis :vegas:

xoxo Feels so good!

SchwineLove

I guess she wants to wait for that magical moment when finally she performs it as a duet with Bradley in Oscars.

Nirvana

I'm so obsessed with this :saira:I love rockGa and she delivered, Idc what you all say! It's great she gave the song it's own spin, I did not expect thisss... :giveup:

Kermit the frog

Powerful vocals and weird moves - a typical Lady Gaga performance, if you ask me. She slayed.

You can tell how proud she is of this song, it's like the acclaim and success it received lifted her up and she gave it her all.

FentyGa

I found it strange but I loved it
the weird rockstar gaga jumped out
Her vocals were the only questionable part of the performance tbh

GreenDiamond

Fking great perfomance, essence of Lady Gaga

She showed how she can litteraly slay all other performes with just microphone and band and still make it a spectacle

Archived