Lady Gaga - Shallow (Live at Grammys)

TheJoanneJoker

Featured Posts

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChavaWM

Oh more complaints, what's new.

I enjoyed it. She had fun. It showed. She knew this can't outshine the Oscar performance so she did it differently

holy scheisse

This was SO much better than a dull piano rendition, or a polished rigid choreographed version. She performed like the rockstar she is. Also this is that Gaga spirit that I love. That somewhat dark, somewhat awkward, somewhat weird but all the while technically delightful and aesthetically pleasing. A+ needed to comment again to balance out all the hate :) Can't believe people got into her when she was doing her tame sh*t and they think that this is outlandish. Lol on teh sscale of 1-10 with 10 being full on extra Gaga, this was like a 6. Thank u next.

That was perfect. Her voice, the "Ally some years later" look, the new arrangement... Gaga's way of moving is weird, but is not the first time.

and personally, I think the passage from the first part to "I'm off the deep end" one is better in this version... always found the one in the original too abrupt. 

perfect, clever and surprising rendition of a song everybody already listened to one milion time. 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

just another gay

this is classic GAGA, what are you guys talking about?

It almost feels like 2009GA with the over the top expression

She killed it, it was amazing

TheSlash

I never cringed harder, tbh :toofunny: . I loved her vocal performance but for me, her "choreo" was this on steroids:

tenor.gif?itemid=8176517

:smh: 

But I still love you, Gaga :heart:  :pray: 

Ew, David!

2School4Cool
58 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

pop fans expecting squeaky clean overly polished to the point of lifeless performances are the only ones likely disappointed in this.

I for one didn’t expect squeaky clean polished vocals. I actually prefer a more raspy, raw vocal. The vocals were amazing, as were the looks, but for me it honestly just came down to it not being right for this song in particular. It’s not that I think it was bad, it’s just the verses of shallow aren’t the time to thrash your head around. It just felt out of place in my opinion, like the performance wasn’t cohesive with the music. This one just wasn’t for me, and that’s ok. I’m happy for all those who loved it :kiss:

See The Best In Everyone

The Fame

I just came home from work and watched the performance and loved it! It was just...Gaga! Vocals and outfit were good, I liked her almost dark (?) spin on this one. How many ballads are performed like this? Not many. It was fun.

1 hour ago, thwip said:

As if teenagers on Twitter matter.

All Twitter lives matter. :grr:

Just their opinion doesn’t. :)

Brainiac

Not understanding ANY of the criticisms of this performance. To me it was flawless in every way. This is the Gaga I fell in love with. And she's never sounded better singing this song than this performance as well.

1 hour ago, Christian Haines said:

I swear to god if one more person complains saying that she was high....

If you didn't like the performance fine that is your opinion,but there is absolutely NOTHING pointing to her being under the influence of something so drop it.Watch any performance of Gaga doing rock/metal and you will get the exact same stuff.

lol, as if this proves your point. She was high af here. :laughga:

• Admin changed the title to Lady Gaga - Shallow (Live at Grammys)

Archived