💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Lady Gaga - Shallow (Live at Grammys)

TheJoanneJoker

Featured Posts

VenusBlackStar

I literally sought this thread out to cackle at the meltdowns :pole:

The performance was really surprising. When it started I was ready for some rockstar Gaga with that sickass body suit and that messy blond hair flying around. I actually really liked the chaotic framing of the song and the delivery of it, but I do think there was a little too much movement that didn’t exactly match. It was so intriguing tho. 

It really was a GAGA performance tho. Ain’t no Mrs. Ally Maine here. The Oscars performance will most likely more Ally-like, and I suspect she designed that contrast on purpose. 

There were some times where the performance seemed like I was teetering out of Gaga’s control, but just barely. It was just rock and roll, so passionate. I really loved it overall tho 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who seem to be confused about this performance, check out gaga’s performance of “Gimme Shelter” with The Rolling Stones. I saw a lot of influences from that. This was Gaga being herself and making it a rock song. I personally cannot fathom how you could cringe to this. This is pure Gaga and how she has been since 2008.  

TeenIdle

The vocals were amazing, the look was amazing but the pace was really problematic :messga: It felt like she was dancing to John Wayne or something. 

Still I'd rather be surprised than get the same piano performance. And the GP is gonna be slayed by the Oscars anyway. This one was for us.

Zander

Some fans hold her to such a high and impossible standard no wonder you're constantly disappointed, there's complete over analysis of just about everything. Just enjoy it for what it is, its fine if you don't like it and you're entitled to you opinion. I don't like every performance and don't feel obliged to either. She gave us something unexpected, she tried to do something new with the song to mix it up and at the end of day this performance was quintessentially her. She was never going to give us 2 similar performances between this & The Oscars. It's like some of us have forgotten what she's really like on stage. 

Earthling
30 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Wasn't a good choice really, considering that this is the grammy's. Their voters are old white dudes. RIP her chances for 2020

Yah because old white dudes don't like rock lmao

*she switched baristas. ☕

1 minute ago, maryloo said:

Those who seem to be confused about this performance, check out gaga’s performance of “Gimme Shelter” with The Rolling Stones. I saw a lot of influences from that. This was Gaga being herself and making it a rock song. I personally cannot fathom how you could cringe to this. This is pure Gaga and how she has been since 2008.  

I'm just here to say that I will NOT settle until Gaga releases a rock album :crossed:

2School4Cool
Just now, TeenIdle said:

Theï»ż vocals wereï»ż amazing, the look was aï»żmazing but the pace was really problematic :messga: It felt like she was dancing to John Wayne ï»żor somethï»żingï»ż.ï»ż

I agree, it just didn’t fit the song. The movements and the music clashed. Vocally it was absolutely incredible and she looked amazing, it just wasn’t right for the song, especially during the verses because they’re so soft and quiet. But that’s just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

See The Best In Everyone

It was perfect. 

That's the Gaga I fell in love with 10 years ago. 

I'm sure that most of the people who are complaining joined our community during C2C/Joanne era and that's why they don't like/understand it. 

For me it was amazing. She kept it fresh and Gaga! 

❗ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗

GhettoFabulous

:awkney: There are people who don’t like it because it’s “too crazy for the GP”?! Stop acting like managers for a change and enjoy **** who cares what the gp thinks? They also thought she was getting boring and were wanting crazyga SOOOO...girll...make it make sense make it make sense :awkney: 

Alfonso

I think we can all agree that they gave us the unexpected, I don't know how to feel.. 

It could've been a little better but I liked it 

I do hope they're saving the best for the oscars 

itsmatthere

I don't understand why she lowed the key?  The verses were uncomfortably low for her and I felt her high notes were off because of this as well.  

ThatAsianGuy

Everyone was like shes on drug. Yall need to take a sit. Gaga has always been this kind of performer. 

Earthling

I'm about to dislocate my eyeballs from all the rolling into the back of my skull reading these damn detracting comments.:triggered:

Y'all really going to complain about this incredible performance :triggered:

She's serving vocals, a killer look and ballsy rockstar energy. The lighting was on point and the pyrotechnics at the end slayed. I was shaking by how good this was. Y'all need to take several seats of you think this performance wasn't instantly iconic.

*she switched baristas. ☕

• Admin changed the title to Lady Gaga - Shallow (Live at Grammys)

Archived