performance

Lady Gaga - Shallow (Live at Grammys)

TheJoanneJoker

Featured Posts

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BloodyM

I am happy that she did not opt for a piano performance but the music arrangement was too flat for her energy for half of the song. I love the added verse at the end though, the song really needed it.  

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Omg can y’all stop saying that **** it’s so degrading. I’m one of the people who became a fan in 2009 and has been LOVING her rock-related songs and performances and has been dying for a rock album or for her to bring CrazyGa back but I also don’t like this :smh: 

I don’t get at all how you can compare this to her earlier performances. For those she usually had a strong visual and musical concept that looked rehearsed and impressive on all counts. This did not feel like that at all. If you would’ve inserted this performance into her earlier era’s it would easily rank as one of the worst :rip: 

Anyway, stop trying it with the big theories about why people don’t like it. Everyone has their reasons. Myself, I don’t just want CrazyGa, I want a GOOD CrazyGa and this just wasn’t it imo.

I 100% agree with you this on this. :applause:

Didymus
14 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

So you want a boring performance then :triggered:

He means: allowing her vocals to soar and carry the song.

I mean, it's pretty undeniable that her movements absolutely ruined her ability to sing the song appropriately :shrug: She missed more than one note last night and for just one (unchoreographed) performance for which she got to prepare for weeks that really is not ok. We wouldn't give other performers a free pass for that stuff, so I'm not giving one for Gaga either tbh. It wasn't a boring performance but it was subpar imo.

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Omg can y’all stop saying that **** it’s so degrading. I’m one of the people who became a fan in 2009 and has been LOVING her rock-related songs and performances and has been dying for a rock album or for her to bring CrazyGa back but I also don’t like this :smh: 

I don’t get at all how you can compare this to her earlier performances. For those she usually had a strong visual and musical concept that looked rehearsed and impressive on all counts. This did not feel like that at all. If you would’ve inserted this performance into her earlier era’s it would easily rank as one of the worst :rip: 

Anyway, stop trying it with the big theories about why people don’t like it. Everyone has their reasons. Myself, I don’t just want CrazyGa, I want a GOOD CrazyGa and this just wasn’t it imo.

You won't really get it because we have different taste so don't act like you only have the right perspective about everything. 

I could compare this performance with her early ones because it came out UNEXPECTED. Simple as that.

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Didymus
Just now, T3rrorBlade said:

You won't really get it because we have different taste so don't act like you only have the right perspective about everything. 

I could compare this performance with her early ones because it came out UNEXPECTED. Simple as that.

But how does that warrant a divide between pre- and post-C2C fans then? That's what bugged me. I'm not saying anyone has a right perspective, I just don't like these grand theories of "well, anyone who doesn't like this must be a recent fan!" explaining away something that shouldn't be explained away at all.

We all have different tastes indeed, that's why I take offense when I see this "well, your opinion doesn't count because you haven't been here since '08 so you don't GET IT" rhetoric. In fact I find myself thinking "omg these early fans didn't get early Gaga at all" most of the time here so that clearly shows a different picture :shrug:

This showcases the fact that many of you have never been to a Gaga show. 

Once the music started and Ricky Tillo and mark started jamming, the familiar movements of an energetic and excited Gaga took flight. 

She did some cute movements and the rock vibe was effervescent! With her little shout outs for the crowd to interact it was SO like being at one of her shows.

The pantomime of drug use was lyrically related to the actual events of the song/film. 

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! 

To each their own, but if you didn’t like it idk why you’re here. This was absolutely her to a T. 

GloriousRomance

I can see why people may dislike this performance, but I loved it. She sold me 80's anthemic rock power ballad and I ate this **** up!

Didymus
Just now, kaojen said:

:awkney:

I've seen her twice and got better vocals throughout the whole show than this one-off piece. It just wasn't good to me and that comes from someone who loves RockGa or when she's wild on stage. But when it ruins her ability to sing a song and express its theme then that's a problem to me.

Some people just don't like it for their own reasons is what I'm trying to say.

Luna Lovegood

Honestly **** you guys. This was amazing and nothing about it cringy. She hits the right notes too. Maybe i just live CrazyGa :ohwell:

luna’s advocate

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, kaojen said:

Once the music started and Ricky Tillo and mark started jamming, the familiar movements of an energetic and excited Gaga took flight. 

She did some cute movements and the rock vibe was effervescent! With her little shout outs for the crowd to interact it was SO like being at one of her shows.

The pantomime of drug use was lyrically related to the actual events of the song/film. 

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! 

To each their own, but if you didn’t like it idk why you’re here. This was absolutely her to a T. 

I've been to many Gaga shows thank you very much. :triggered:

The ones who didn't like it aren't delusional. They are fully aware of who Gaga is as an artist and performer, probably more than anybody else hence the criticism. 

I stuck up for Gaga when fans were overly critical of Enigma but I can't stick up for this performance. It makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight zone or something. How did you not see/hear the same thing that I did. :shrug:

Didymus
1 minute ago, Luna Lovegood said:

Honestly **** you guys. This was amazing and nothing about it cringy. She hits the right notes too. Maybe i just live CrazyGa :ohwell:

:madge:

You don't have to lie about it.

Am I the only one who expected her playing a piano in a simple dress, giving a perfect vocal performance (but nothing new) and actually got a rockstar performance, vocals, Gaga and her signature high heels? I was more than pleased and positively surprised!

:legend::legend:

gagzus

I didn’t mind it but I found myself saying “OMG can you STOP MOVING AND JUST SING THE DAMN SONG” most of the time. 

She should’ve came out and did the Pop version Mark said they made 

Archived