💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana talks about Grammys in interview

Didymus

Featured Posts

giskardsb
9 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Give me an example of a talented/respected musician (that is known enough at least) who doesn't have a grammy?

Literally thousands. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Economy said:

The thing is even if the Grammys were 100% fair (which they aren't, judges will have their own biased opinions like everyone else)...

Literally only 1 artist/group can win a category each year...

Meanwhile there's hundreds of talented pieces of work released every year maybe thousands (if we count underground artists)

The majority of quality work will not win an award. Most won't even be nominated

I agree completely.

Grammys often aren't awarded based on quality.  In addition to biased judges opinions (as you said), they are sometimes awarded to make a statement about something else, or to award someone who's due. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

ItsTommyBitch

I... expected more level headed responses, but I see everyone who hates Ariana's impact rn came out of the woodworks to make a comment :green:

@Didymus Thank you for this thread. That interview is REALLY good, its really kind of rare to see artists just be themselves like that, and as a far its also nice to see an interview with her producers and friends who I also follow in a way (esp. Victoria and Tommy :flutter: ) I also Highly recommend anyone watch it and question their "wow shes becoming so arrogant just because she has a #1 now" notion. She's just that person :rip: 

I thought her answer was surprisingly mature and it didn't sound fake at all, it was on the spot, it was respectful... it was just a great response. And you're totally right, its the opinion of most serious music critics and respected publications. Some of you are reaching for the STARS with this "well, good music gets awarded, its just fair" nonsense. It's literally the furthest thing from the truth. We all know some of the best music out there isn't even heard of by major audiences. Having a Grammy means very little in the long run, and it only means something to certain people in certain contexts. Don't have a grammy? Doesn't mean your music isnt "officially" good or anything, doesn't mean potentially millions of people don't enjoy your music on a regular basis, Doesn't mean your music won't be remembered or your contribution to the culture and society. Not. At. All. We can all name artists RIGHT now that we love who don't have Grammys who are well respected, inspire other artists, impact culture. It's proof enough.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

giskardsb
2 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

aren't relevant enough =/= irrelevant

Lana Del Rey is a great artist, but hasn't been relevant enough to win a grammy for example, just because of the competition. She's had only one TOP10 hit which was a remix.

The only thing correct In your argument is that the Grammies are more about “relevance” in terms of popularity than about quality.  Lots of “relevant” by pop standards yet poor quality music has won Grammies. Sometimes the Grammies awards quality but there is no direct correlation between quality of music and winning Grammies.   If the Grammies were really about ultimate musical quality the winners would be people you never heard of.

JohnnyVersace

I hate this fanbase sometimes. Truly.

You guys love to ****ing drag her it's honestly laughable and tired. You complain about the lack of pop music and "bops" yet try to wreck this girl. The only one who's serving something. I-...

She's speaking the truth. We as Little Monsters have watched COUNTLESS award shows where Gaga should have won, and doesn't. Do you realize that Gaga hasn't won a Grammy for her individual work since The Fame Monster...? Nothing for Born This Way (arguably her most cohesive, forward-thinking, boundary-pushing work), nothing for ARTPOP, and nothing for Joanne (her most raw and personal work). 

Ariana is right! There are so many artists, specifically pop musicians, who are always paid dust at these shows because of whatever some white business man in charge decides. So honestly, they don't matter at this point. No one is awarded for excellence, they're awarded for how well they play the game. 

To say she's talking ****, or "taking Kanye's drugs" because of some wacko masochistic, sexist comparison you all love to make and pit women against each other is sad. She has valid points, isn't playing the games of the industry anymore, and succeeding more than ever. 

You guys are honestly ****ing dumb and delusional, I'm sorry. 

Next. 

ftm0ep.gif

Didymus
1 hour ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

I thought her answer was surprisingly mature and it didn't sound fake at all, it was on the spot, it was respectful... it was just a great response.

Yeah, that made me most sad :air: Like the comments on YouTube seem to agree on: she's very relatable and sincere in this interview, kind of like talking to a friend. It's just nice to hear her talk honestly about these things, I was really surprised this thread went negative so fast :ladyhaha: I thought it was a nice change from the whole "Ari blasts the Grammy producer, she's a diva!!" mood as she clarified it a little bit here, and in a very respectful way. But yeah, a lot of people decided to post before watching it I guess :shrug: Or they just decided to hate her in advance.

StarstruckIllusion
12 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Lol, she's trying so hard to convince people she doesn't care about the Grammy's lol...

"None of my favorite artists have grammy's" like who?... 99% of talented/respected musicians have grammy's.

She's just upset she was first shut out of the GF categories, and wasn't allowed to perform songs of her choice.

Sis the blatant lie sprung out. You know how many thousands of indie artists outslay the mainstream? The Grammys are a popularity contest and wbk this. 

12 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Lol, she's trying so hard to convince people she doesn't care about the Grammy's lol...

"None of my favorite artists have grammy's" like who?... 99% of talented/respected musicians have grammy's.

She's just upset she was first shut out of the GF categories, and wasn't allowed to perform songs of her choice.

This. I've seen Glad wrap that's less transparent. 

She's obviously going to get a Grammy someday. She has the pipes. She needs to stop being a brat.

LUCARTPOP
On 2/10/2019 at 6:23 PM, Vegas said:

2mynqs4.jpg

Ariana-Grande-Copies-Mariah-Carey.jpg

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=491&h=a20aacfb8

Rt1b.gif

The list is endless.

How is Mariah not Ariana Grande's biggest inspiration? It's like saying Cher inspired The Fame Gaga, instead of Grace Jones and David Bowie.

PLEASE they are dresses, when your cousin wears the same sweater as you does that mean he's your biggest inspiration? :air: 

And that dance move? They are not even 2 seconds, stop reaching and get out of your cave. What is this, 2014? :toofunny: 

LUCARTPOP
On 2/10/2019 at 4:33 PM, Florin said:

Its sad that she has a new album to promote and she treats her music this way by talking bad about other artists. It says a lot about how unimportant is her music, even for her.

The blatant ignorance here.. :air: 

I seriously can't with all of you.

Just now, Arizona Sky said:

The blatant ignorance here.. :air: 

I seriously can't with all of you.

It was mostly a joke. But if you really want to talk about blatant ignorance, start with her. Why someone like her will make such comments against other artists?

LUCARTPOP
1 minute ago, Florin said:

It was mostly a joke. But if you really want to talk about blatant ignorance, start with her. Why someone like her will make such comments against other artists?

She didn't say anything AGAINST someone, did you even care to watch this interview?

She's grateful for being nominated but it's not her thing to fixate mostly on that nor create music just to win awards. She makes music for herself as a form of therapy and escape from her traumas. She didn't discredit the credibility of the Grammys nor was that her intention. She didn't attend the Grammys because the Grammys didn't let her perform the songs she wanted to, which is totally understandable, who are they to say what songs she should perform?

As for the "flying" segment, she didn't shade anyone. She said it doesn't make a performance good. She sees a good a performance when an artist can sing and connect to the song live, what's wrong with that statement? She did it on one of her oldest tours yes, but she said she didn't like doing that. People love seeing a SHOW and that's why she said that a lot of people probably don't like her shows because she doesn't do that stuff.

Stop putting her in a bad light when her intentions are literally the LEAST offensive. Y'all make yourselves just look like boo boo the fool. 

9 minutes ago, Florin said:

You clearly didn't watch the interview 

Next 

on-the-way-out-gif-501.gif

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

22 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I hate this fanbase sometimes. Truly.

You guys love to ****ing drag her it's honestly laughable and tired. You complain about the lack of pop music and "bops" yet try to wreck this girl. The only one who's serving something. I-...

She's speaking the truth. We as Little Monsters have watched COUNTLESS award shows where Gaga should have won, and doesn't. Do you realize that Gaga hasn't won a Grammy for her individual work since The Fame Monster...? Nothing for Born This Way (arguably her most cohesive, forward-thinking, boundary-pushing work), nothing for ARTPOP, and nothing for Joanne (her most raw and personal work). 

Ariana is right! There are so many artists, specifically pop musicians, who are always paid dust at these shows because of whatever some white business man in charge decides. So honestly, they don't matter at this point. No one is awarded for excellence, they're awarded for how well they play the game. 

To say she's talking ****, or "taking Kanye's drugs" because of some wacko masochistic, sexist comparison you all love to make and pit women against each other is sad. She has valid points, isn't playing the games of the industry anymore, and succeeding more than ever. 

You guys are honestly ****ing dumb and delusional, I'm sorry. 

Next. 

ftm0ep.gif

Oh wow you actually SNAPPED sis :staymad: . DRAG THEM!!

Archived