Didymus

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

giphy.gif

Everybody knows that's not true. Just type in "why the Grammy's don't matter" in Google and you'll find like a ton of professionally written articles agreeing with Ari. Or better yet, compare the top 10 best albums of Metacritic of a chosen year and see how many of them won a Grammy :ohwell: You'll be surprised, I promise.

5 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Lol, she's trying so hard to convince people she doesn't care about the Grammy's lol...

"None of my favorite artists have grammy's" like who?... 99% of talented/respected musicians have grammy's.

She's just upset she was first shut out of the GF categories, and wasn't allowed to perform songs of her choice.

The thing is even if the Grammys were 100% fair (which they aren't, judges will have their own biased opinions like everyone else)...

Literally only 1 artist/group can win a category each year...

Meanwhile there's hundreds of talented pieces of work released every year maybe thousands (if we count underground artists)

The majority of quality work will not win an award. Most won't even be nominated

Didymus
Just now, Economy said:

The thing is even if the Grammys were 100% fair (which they aren't, judges will have their own biased opinions like everyone else)...

Literally only 1 artist/group can win a category each year...

Meanwhile there's hundreds of talented pieces of work released every year maybe thousands (if we count underground artists)

The majority of quality work will not win an award. Most won't even be nominated 

But the thing is that the people who do get nominated oftentimes don't deserve AT ALL to be highlighted :shrug:

Like, why was 24K Magic even nominated last year? Why did it win? :rip: How was Purpose of Biebs nominated the year before? How did Taylor's 1989 win over Kendrick?

These aren't just cases of "well, they can't all win", it's pure randomness. It's just a popularity contest and there is NOTHING quality-related about those major categories.

FentyGa

I really respect that outlook, actually. The Grammys have been about politics and stuff for a while, and while it's obviously an honour, it's not something necessary.

Economy
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But the thing is that the people who do get nominated oftentimes don't deserve AT ALL to be highlighted :shrug:

Like, why was 24K Magic even nominated last year? Why did it win? :rip: How was Purpose of Biebs nominated the year before? How did Taylor's 1989 win over Kendrick?

These aren't just cases of "well, they can't all win", it's pure randomness. It's just a popularity contest and there is NOTHING quality-related about those major categories.

Hence why I said "even if the Grammys were 100% fair"

I fully said they werent

Also not always popularity. Sometimes less popular artists beat bigger artists but I agree bigger artist often sway the judges

Thomas P

I watched the entire interview, and she is actually very kind towards them.

Questions: « Do Grammys and number 1s carry much weight »

Answer: essentially just saying it’s amazimg and exciting when it happens, but at the end of the day, she didn’t enter this business to get that stuff. 

Its a great, Gaga-ish answer, and I don’t know why y’all are really tryin it rn :triggered:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Hence why I said "even if the Grammys were 100% fair"

I fully said they werent

But then what was the point of your reply? :huh: Obviously I wouldn't mind it if my favorites didn't win if at least the nominations reflected the quality of a year's music releases. But when the nominations are an absolute joke, obviously my criticism will be harsher.  

Economy
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

But then what was the point of your reply? :huh: Obviously I wouldn't mind it if my favorites didn't win if at least the nominations reflected the quality of a year's music releases. But when the nominations are an absolute joke, obviously my criticism will be harsher.  

That applies to the nods themselves too. Biased Judges also determine that

JustAnother

It’s funny seeing celebrities get all “I don’t care” and angry about certain awards when it’s obvious they do. Grammys are important awards and have been for decades. Whether they’re given out fairly or not is another thing, but there’s a reason why Gaga is always addressed with “_ time Grammy winner” etc. If all these artist didn’t care about awards like the Grammys then they wouldn’t talk about it. Ari just seems to be promoting herself. 

Its sad that she has a new album to promote and she treats her music this way by talking bad about other artists. It says a lot about how unimportant is her music, even for her.

funkyhaus
7 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Give me an example of a talented/respected musician (that is known enough at least) who doesn't have a grammy?

Florence + The Machine 

jaXXXon
7 hours ago, Didymus said:

Bob Marley, Björk, Chuck Berry, Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, Iggy Pop, Jimi Hendrix, Morrissey, Queens of the Stone Age, Rush, The Kinks, The Who,...

There are also TONS of respected artists that have Grammys. Besides, isn't Celine, Mariah and Whitney three of Ariana's favorite artists? Well, they ALL have Grammys. 

I can't at people nitpicking. There are also respected artists that have and don't have Grammys. There's a counter-argument as well :huntyga:

The Grammys are still the most acclaimed awards in music, so I'll just let Ariana go through this without dragging her, because while she IS right, she also ISN'T.

jaXXXon
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

You're TRULY nitpicking. What about when Thriller won? What about when 21 won? What about when Misseducation won? What about when The Bodyguard won? I could go on and on and on... 

7 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Queen won two grammy's. Diana Ross has a lifetime achievement grammy. The others aren't relevant enough.

Did you just call Jimi Hendrix and Bjork irrelevant- sis this just ain't it :triggered:

lives behind the aura

Archived