💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana talks about Grammys in interview

Didymus

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

At home, as a viewer watching the Grammy's, every year I'm always like... what?! Literally. Every year I'm like... WTF

Me when Sam Smith, the first gay man ever, made HIStory at the Grammys.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone tell me when the Grammys take place? I assume they will take place in roughly 16 hours or are they tomorrow...

if someone could tell me CET that would ****ing slay! :ally:

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, Jarvin said:

Could someone tell me when the Grammys take place? I assume they will take place in roughly 16 hours or are they tomorrow...

if someone could tell me CET that would ****ing slay! :ally:

They will start exactly 12 hours from now. The premiere will be on their website. Then for the main telecast you'll need to watch CBS.

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, nicolasrumet said:

Queen won two grammy's. Diana Ross has a lifetime achievement grammy. The others aren't relevant enough.

Yea, awarded in the Hall of Fame.... Way after Freddie's death in 09 and 14. And honestly, no one cares about lifetime achievement Grammys. Competitive Grammys are the only relevant ones. I also added ABBA. 

And "aren't relevant enough"? ok..

Chickens in Malibu
3 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Yea, awarded in the Hall of Fame.... Way after Freddie's death in 09 and 14. And honestly, no one cares about lifetime achievement Grammys. Competitive Grammys are the only relevant ones. I also added ABBA. 

And "aren't relevant enough"? ok..

ABBA had a single #1 song in the U.S. Again there can only be very few winners a year from every genre at the Grammy's. So don't expect to win a grammy with just one #1 song in your career. You also need longevity and commercial success.

I'm not saying these artists you named aren't cool. But I have yet to know a contemporary artist who's popular and respected and hasn't won a grammy?

You guys kept naming many artists from many decades ago, when categories were way more limited and competitive and some didn't even exist (like raggae). 

23 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

They will start exactly 12 hours from now. The premiere will be on their website. Then for the main telecast you'll need to watch CBS.

Thank you so much!! :)

She’s right about this. But still... am I the only one getting small vibes from her being at the verge of a public meltdown?

Bradley

I partially agree and disagree with her.

I do agree that not all great music is recognised by the Grammys, so it's really normal for your favourite albums to have zero Grammys, but the Grammys only nominate 5 choices for each category, and many of these songs are eligible for multiple categories, how do you suppose they have room for everything? Obviously there are great songs out there which are left out of the Grammys, I mean Lady Gaga wasn't even nominated for Best New Artist, and we know she had a more spectacular and meteoric debut than any of the winners in recent memory.

Still it doesn't mean that the Grammys have zero credibility. Just because great songs are left out does not mean that the ones included are bad songs. To be nominated, you'd actually have to be voted for by thousands of voters who work professionally in the industry. You'd have to hit everything right, from the lyrics/message of the song, to the production, to the songwriting, to the vocal delivery, and surrounding climate of the song. There has to be a reason why a song surpasses other songs and is chosen as a nominated work. It's not a perfect system, but like Ariana said:

It's still nice to be recognised by the Recording Academy.

Think about why.

misunderstood

Like I always tell stans/fans of all fanbases.

**** AWARDS.

THEY DON'T DICTATE WHAT'S GOOD OR WHAT'S NOT.

thank u, next!

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Wolf Boy
1 hour ago, nicolasrumet said:

. 99% of talented/respected musicians have grammy's.

What an embarrassing comment

RAMROD

She's been running her mouth :lmao:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Didymus
3 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Most respected artists have a Grammy, it's not a wrong statement at all. :ohwell:ï»ż

But he didn't just say respected, he said talented :madge: And that makes it obviously wrong.

And again, Björk, wtf :awkney: She is the perfect example.

Didymus
3 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Bob Marley didn't win because the raggae category was only added in 1985.

For Guns N' Roses they competed against stronger contenders and weren't that relevant to be honest.

The rest of your artists listed may be good artists, but aren't relevant/popular enough. Remember the Grammy's are voted by 13,000. I can give you 100 artists who aren't relevant enough but super talented.

Fact of the matter is, every popular respected/talented musician has won at least a grammy, at least in recent history.

Björk, Jimi Hendrix,... aren't relevant/popular enough?

Some delusion right there :air:

Archived