đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana talks about Grammys in interview

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

Great new interview with Ariana, I timed the video to her talking about the Grammy's.

Highlight:

"At home, as a viewer watching the Grammy's, every year I'm always like... what?! Literally. Every year I'm like... WTF?! I always, I always... am rooting for my favorite albums. And I know people at home feel the same way and I know that when I win a Grammy one day people at home are gonna be like meh, **** that album and her and her ponytail. So it's fine. I don't think it makes or breaks anything. I think there is music that feels good to people and there is music that doesn't. And I think it's very nice to be honored by the Recording Academy but I think that it's, erm... something that I don't want to be... to become too important to me. Because I... at the end of the day my favorite music doesn't, none of- none of my favorite albums or songs or artists really have Grammy's."

:tea:

I recommend you to watch the full thing though, especially from that part onwards. It's interesting to hear her talk about how she doesn't even like going to these award shows because of her anxiety.

I'm really proud of her, she's grown, she can voice that opinion calmly and professionally and she's friggin' RIGHT on top of that :vegas:

Keep slayin', girl!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chickens in Malibu

Lol, she's trying so hard to convince people she doesn't care about the Grammy's lol...

"None of my favorite artists have grammy's" like who?... 99% of talented/respected musicians have grammy's.

She's just upset she was first shut out of the GF categories, and wasn't allowed to perform songs of her choice.

LateToCult
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

at the end of the day my favorite music doesn't, none of- none of my favorite albums or songs or artists really have Grammy's."

She’s talking about NICKI. :air:

Didymus
Just now, nicolasrumet said:

"None of my favorite artists have grammy's" like who?... 99% of talented/respected musicians have grammy's.

giphy.gif

Everybody knows that's not true. Just type in "why the Grammy's don't matter" in Google and you'll find like a ton of professionally written articles agreeing with Ari. Or better yet, compare the top 10 best albums of Metacritic of a chosen year and see how many of them won a Grammy :ohwell: You'll be surprised, I promise.

ssslyboy
5 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

99% of talented/respected musicians have grammy's

This is a preposterous thing to say. :fail:

Chickens in Malibu
1 minute ago, ssslyboy said:

This is a preposterous thing to say. :fail:

Give me an example of a talented/respected musician (that is known enough at least) who doesn't have a grammy?

the audacity of her saying she doesn't care about billboard charts when shes always posting screenshots and even professional videos showing how well her songs are doing commercially i- :nooo:

Didymus
Just now, nicolasrumet said:

Give me an example of a talented/respected musician (that is known enough at least) who doesn't have a grammy?

Bob Marley, Björk, Chuck Berry, Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, Iggy Pop, Jimi Hendrix, Morrissey, Queens of the Stone Age, Rush, The Kinks, The Who,...

1 minute ago, nicolasrumet said:

Both of my faves have a Grammy :ohwell:  Gaga and Cher. :diane:

8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

giphy.gif

Everybody knows that's not true. Just type in "why the Grammy's don't matter" in Google and you'll find like a ton of professionally written articles agreeing with Ari. Or better yet, compare the top 10 best albums of Metacritic of a chosen year and see how many of them won a Grammy :ohwell: You'll be surprised, I promise.

Grammys are a sign of respect from the industry. It won't do much for your career, but you'll know the industry appreciates your contribution.

Top 10 albums of Metacritic are decided by critics, which has nothing to do with the industry at all. So...

Most respected artists have a Grammy, it's not a wrong statement at all. :ohwell:

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, Didymus said:

Bob Marley, Björk, Chuck Berry, Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, Iggy Pop, Jimi Hendrix, Morrissey, Queens of the Stone Age, Rush, The Kinks, The Who,...

Bob Marley didn't win because the raggae category was only added in 1985.

For Guns N' Roses they competed against stronger contenders and weren't that relevant to be honest.

The rest of your artists listed may be good artists, but aren't relevant/popular enough. Remember the Grammy's are voted by 13,000. I can give you 100 artists who aren't relevant enough but super talented.

Fact of the matter is, every popular respected/talented musician has won at least a grammy, at least in recent history.

DeleteMyAccount
10 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Queen, ABBA, The Doors, Bjork, Guns n Roses, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Notorious BIG, Patti Smith, The Who, Diana Ross, etc

OT: Ari is trying too hard not to care. Also, the Grammys aren't always about what music is the favorite... Not everyone can have a Grammy when there's only a few select winners every year. And no offense to her, but she isn't getting one anytime soon with songs like 7 Rings...

Chickens in Malibu
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

Queen, Bjork, Guns n Roses, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Notorious BIG, Patti Smith, The Who, Diana Ross, etc

OT: Ari is trying too hard not to care. Also, the Grammys aren't always about what music is the favorite... Not everyone can have a Grammy when there's only a few select winners every year. And no offense to her, but she isn't getting one anytime soon with songs like 7 Rings...

Queen won two grammy's. Diana Ross has a lifetime achievement grammy. The others aren't relevant enough.

Archived